• Beta Tester
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Netherlands
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
Daan says
Looks nice, but the homepage looks very similar to Monofactor’s portfolious Template?
I thought the exact same thing when I saw the preview, they are extremely similar.
Yes they are similar, but not extremely.
Please don’t deny it.. we don’t accuse you from copying/ripping, but they in fact are EXTREMELY similar, even the slider is similar.. I’m glad this only concerns the homepage, because else I would accuse you from copying :)

A little closer look tells me you two are even using more or less the same scripts..

2541 posts
  • United States
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Contributed a Blog Post
+4 more
CreatingDrew says
Great template but I’m honestly getting verrrrryyyy bored of the Mac and same exact sliding technique on every theme…
Templates with sliders are selling well.
Just to clarify, I was not accusing you at all, but I do think they are indeed extremely similar :)
364 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • United States
chrisfay says

@mrjasmin: You might want to check this out – good article on the fine line between originality and, well, stealing… Not to come across accusatory, but this is not the first of your designs to dance right on that line. There is plenty of room to be creative and successful here at themeforest without re-engineering those designs that sell well, and in my opinion this design is very similar to onuro’s…

Not trying to offend, but to help… :)

372 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Sweden
mrjasmin says

I understand what you mean. They are similar but I think that many parts of the page are not similar, like the footer, the menu, logo, rightbar and the colors.

I was inspired by the portfolious theme and I think that they are simiar but far away from identical.

by
by
by
by
by
by