I just finished a new theme and would like some comments. Envanto suggested I post here before resubmitting. It is difficult to pinpoint their specific aesthetic requirements to get approved, so I’m looking for Comments:
This theme has a light and Dark Version:
TF thinks the dark background is distracting ( I completely disagree) and they want me to design-it-up a bit…
- Microlancer Beta Tester
- Exclusive Author
- Author was Featured
- Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
- Has been a member for 5-6 years
- Referred between 200 and 499 users
- Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
i liked the Dark theme, my opinion is to change a:link color btw nice work
I like, Dark especially has more of a flair to it, but both very nice.
both your templates are cool!
Dark … better
Both would come with the template incase someone wants to go light or dark withthe design…
I was hoping for suggestions to get this past the reviewers and up for sale. TF denied it the first time.
I like it, but since that won’t help you here are the things I don’t like:
- the logo typography is kind of ugly… maybe choose a different font ?
- the light version lacks contrast, the text is not very readable
- I personally don’t like the “bouncing” easing effect
- the categories menu is a little hard to figure out because it seems like “current:featured” is a link, too, when it’s not. You should fix this, because otherwise the menu is a great idea. You could even make it the selling point of your template, by making it stand more and ajaxifying the featured area.
- although your theme is pretty nice, there’s a ton of competition in that particular area (wordpress portfolio themes). It really needs to stand out more (like I said, maybe do something with the drop down menu), and give people a reason to buy it rather than another theme.