4 posts
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
adi_ says

Hi!

I´m new here on Themeforest, and i would like you to give me some opinions on my PSD . I intend to code it later, but first I would want some opinions on what I can improve. What should I add/remove or fix? It’s my first template, so I expect that you find some (or many) faults.

http://img10.imageshack.us/my.php?image=firstgw.jpg

Thank you!

54 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
GhostPool says

It’s a nice layout overall. Everything is well laid out and seems to align properly.

A few constructive criticisms.

- The “Latest from the blog” section looks a little out of the place in terms of the header and background colour.

- I think the slider text should be left aligned

- The horizontal bar beneath the slider should be more subtle possibly

I assume you intend to release this as a site/wordpress template eventually and not a PSD template because there seems to be little in the way of PSDs.

4 posts
adi_ says
It’s a nice layout overall. Everything is well laid out and seems to align properly.

A few constructive criticisms.

- The “Latest from the blog” section looks a little out of the place in terms of the header and background colour.

- I think the slider text should be left aligned

- The horizontal bar beneath the slider should be more subtle possibly

I assume you intend to release this as a site/wordpress template eventually and not a PSD template because there seems to be little in the way of PSDs.

Thank you for the advices. I’ll try to change it. And yes, I intend to release it as a site eventually.

694 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • India
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
HaziqMir says

Decrease the white space and make it look like a template. Use more colours and add some more content. Images aren’t there in sufficient number. I don’t think this psd will be accepted.

2529 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Blog Editor
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
+6 more
JeffreyWay says

I think this one needs quite a bit more work. You’ve got a nice and simple start, but you want a “premium” template. :) Keep working on it, and keep us posted!

4 posts
adi_ says

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/9090/firstd.jpg

Here is my updated version. I have removed and added some content, and I hope this one is better than the first. But feel free to give constructive criticisms.

694 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • India
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
HaziqMir says
http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/9090/firstd.jpg

Here is my updated version. I have removed and added some content, and I hope this one is better than the first. But feel free to give constructive criticisms.

more work. actually the template looks dull. u have not used colors rightly

228 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • United Kingdom
stevebluck says

I like the content/main area.

I think the “our projects” needs a bit more detail and perhaps some kind of frame around the image, just looks a tad dull in that area at the moment.

88 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Singapore
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
Gyro says

First thing you should do is change that logo. Admittedly that wont be the biggest consideration your client will have, but it does help leave a good impression.

Also IMO , the gradients of the buttons are too dark and have too great a contrast with the white background.

I would think that it’d be good if you increased the font size of “our projects”. Right now its like, the 5th thing that i see upon opening the page, which shouldnt be the case.

Personally though, the template is rather lacking as a whole; you should take a look at some of the top selling templates and find some elements that will truly make your design exceptional.

4 posts
adi_ says

Hi!

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/5336/firstl.jpg

I have changed the whole header and the slider. I made no changes to the content area. I didn’t have time to change the logo now, but I know it has to be changed, so you don’t have to comment that. Is it better now? Why/why not?

by
by
by
by
by
by