372 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
mrjasmin says
I think the reviewer was talking about the contrast between your orange text and black background. It kinda vibrates a little, it could indeed use some improvement.

Overall I think it looks ok, but it’s not like there aren’t a million themes out there similar to this one.

I see you got some skills, so, if I were u, I’d try to focus on bringing creative ways of solving problems into my designs. Try to answer the needs of potential customers. What could they really find useful? A theme that looks like a lot others out there?

Remember, like all forms of design, graphic design is about problem solving ;)

I agree with you, but 90% of all design on themeforest are not unique. I will try to improve the design a little more.

364 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has referred 10+ members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
chrisfay says

I agree with you, but 90% of all design on themeforest are not unique.

I disagree.

2019 posts Review Manager
    Has referred 10+ members Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
jremick Envato team says

You have a great start here but the theme does need some refinements. Keep at it, you’ll get there.

372 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
mrjasmin says
You have a great start here but the theme does need some refinements. Keep at it, you’ll get there.

Thanks, I will try to improve the design a little more. What do you think I should improve ?

22 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Located in Romania
Cozo says
I agree with you, but 90% of all design on themeforest are not unique. I will try to improve the design a little more.

Hmmm, I wouldn’t say that actually.

As far as I see, to get a design approved here, you need to come up with something special.

On the other hand, there’s usability. And with that in mind, after so many years and bilions of sites on the net, it’s almost impossible to have a unique design that’s not already similar to someone else’s.

It’s kind of confusing, but some designs just have that thingie which separates them from “the rest”, and this is the main thing I joined TF for :)

Good luck with your coding, I wish you inspiration and all the best .

TIP : for a small improvement, try using Kuler or ColourLovers for great colour schemes inspiration.

372 posts
+1 more
mrjasmin says

After looking at other templates at tf, i realized that my theme need some improvements.

372 posts
+1 more
mrjasmin says

I have made some improvements and I wonder what you think, is the theme good enough now ?

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

22 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Located in Romania
Cozo says

Definitely an improvement.

However, allow me to say that the logo, in my opinion, still needs a little improvement.

You’re using an unnecessary drop shadow on it.

Also, I understand you want it in an orange gradient, to go with the h1 or h2 heading you got in the sidebar. That’s nice, but I think you could try and use a milder orange, as this one is too strong. Try looking at how others use orange on black, it should be quite subtle, because otherwise it vibrates.

One more thing: the bottom line of the actual posts (where you have the comments bubble) feels kinda empty. I would personally use a “Read More” link floated to the right.

So overall, I say congrats, in my opinion you only have to add minor details to it. It looks good.

Keep up the good work mate!

372 posts
+1 more
mrjasmin says
Definitely an improvement.

However, allow me to say that the logo, in my opinion, still needs a little improvement.

You’re using an unnecessary drop shadow on it.

Also, I understand you want it in an orange gradient, to go with the h1 or h2 heading you got in the sidebar. That’s nice, but I think you could try and use a milder orange, as this one is too strong. Try looking at how others use orange on black, it should be quite subtle, because otherwise it vibrates.

One more thing: the bottom line of the actual posts (where you have the comments bubble) feels kinda empty. I would personally use a “Read More” link floated to the right.

So overall, I say congrats, in my opinion you only have to add minor details to it. It looks good.

Keep up the good work mate!

Thanks for the advices.

22 posts
Cozo says

Hey, don’t mention it, what are forums for? :)

Looking forward to seeing this in the WP Themes category ;)

by
by
by
by
by
by