After the last submission headache I want to make sure that it gets approval from the community before I submit this time and get your opinions on what needs changing/adding because I’m very aware its quite simple looking so what needs to be added?
There are 4 colour schemes and I’ve set each one up on each page of the site so you can check each of them out.
- Envato Staff
- Has been a member for 5-6 years
- Attended a Community Meetup
- Beta Tester
- Contributed a Blog Post
- Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
- Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
- Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
Hey simnor, great job on this template so far!
Here are a few recommendations I would make:
1. The body area of the template feels a little like it’s struggling for attention. I think the reason is because the headline/title appears to be the same size as the primary content headline/title as well as the content text. Maybe you could reduce their size a bit and maybe even increase the space between the main content column and the sidebar column.
2. I love the twitter icon in the footer and how you’ve faded it and the nice smooth fade-in on hover. I would actually like to see a few more for other social media sites since the footer feels pretty bare. That would just add to it ya know. But nicely done as it is.
3. I always recommend to people not to use white text in the footer. The reason being is that white on a darker background has quite a bit of contrast. In the case of information in the footer, content isn’t really a main focus there. I would recommend a slightly darker color so there is less contrast and thus it will fight for attention less with the primary content.
Anyway, it’s looks pretty good I think. I also want to mention that authors should be a little careful about how they use simplicity. ThemeForest wants to provide premium quality templates that you won’t find in other places around the web for free. When authors design very simple templates, they start nearing in on templates that can be found freely around the web. This is not to say authors shouldn’t create simple and elegant templates, but instead be more creative and fresh with the way they use simplicity.
I think it’s looking pretty good simnor,
I would however do something a little more with the navigation. It’s fine to keep it simple, but I think you should at least bump up the font-size so it stands out a little more, and also it would be nice to see some more imagery in the branding, to help the design pop a little more. Great work though
Just to let you know that sidebar dont look right in chrome, looks nice and fast by the way, twitter is good and l would add colour code to header so user can change colour, might be good
I like it … the blue one is my favorite