Seems to me like I can never get the optional WordPress Upload (no longer optional) field to work when I zip my file using a PC. When I zip on a mac it works just fine.
This is the error I get:
Optional WordPress Theme Your ZIP must contain a single folder at the top level, which will correspond directly with your users’ /theme/YOUR_THEME_NAME/ folder. No folder was found at the top level, only files.
I have tried so many ways of zipping the theme (as well as even using other 3rd party zipping programs) and it just won’t work. I even tried uploading like this: main.zip->theme->theme-name->files – same error. ?
Seems like it should be ridiculously easy. Right click on your theme’s folder, click send to -> Compressed (zipped) folder. But this doesn’t work.
Any PC users out there get this field working successfully?
Have you tried opening the theme folder, selecting all files, right-click and send to compressed folder? I know that I’ve somehow managed to do this on Windows, but can’t remember how exactly.
When you say PC, are you on windows 7, vista or xp. I noticed a few quirks in windows 7. I just tried it from my linux box and it works but I zipped the directory from the command line.
I get the same error too, have you guys found a solution to this issue ?
Tried with both ways – Windows Compressed Folders, and WinRAR. Both worked fine.
1. Compressed Folders: Right click on the theme folder and choose Send to > Compressed (zipped) folder.
2. WinRAR: Right click on theme folder and choose Add to archive. (Select .zip instead of .rar)
Edit: Just realized you were asking about upload on ThemeForest. (I thought WordPress admin upload). But you can try these two zipping techniques.
Yes. I am a computer geek…I know how to zip a folder The form just isn’t working for me
I couldn’t upload the theme file as well. Tried to compress using WinRar, Win7 File Explorer, and 7zip with no success.
I think devs are looking into this issue, wish we could get some response. thanks!
- Please read our community guidelines. Self promotion and discussion of piracy is not allowed.
- Open a support ticket if you would like specific help with your account, deposits or purchases.
- Item Support by authors is optional and may vary. Please see the Support tab on each item page.
Most of all, enjoy your time here. Thank you for being a valued Envato community member.