439 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+1 more
Pixelous says

Thanks, valendesigns! Looks great! There is a way to make it work like included php library at our themes?

119 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+8 more
valendesigns Envato team says

Hi valendesigns!

Thank you for this good plugin!

I think i found a small bug, when i add a textarea (WYSIWYG) to a list item as a setting,

Then i go to ‘Theme Options’, i don’t find the WYSIWYG , i find only a simple textarea..

Thank you so much. Ayoub

Sorry, that’s not a bug, it’s forced to be the simple textarea. There is a known issue in WP where having the editor in a UI Sortable list like meta boxes or in this case, a list item, causes the interaction with the DOM to fail.

119 posts
+8 more

Looks nice! Thank you for your work.

I’ve never used OptionsTree but 2.0 looks interesting, is there some easy way to integrate it in theme with default options? Many users have problem with simple theme installation, so telling them to install plugin which is only on github and import settings might be too much for them.

Kudos for your work!

The plugin is not only on github, that is just where development happens. The main repository for the plugin is in the WP Directory. Also, yes you can include the plugin directly in you theme. The documentation that you see once you’ve activated the plugin goes over this at length, please read it for help on how to get it setup.

119 posts
+8 more

Hi,

I like this version. For now, the only wrong thing is the “New Layout” button that goes below the text field in the main theme options page.

Parker

I believe I fixed that in one of the last few commits in the development branch. It will be in the next tagged version.

119 posts
+8 more

Thanks, valendesigns! Looks great! There is a way to make it work like included php library at our themes?

Please, activate the plugin and read the docs, it explains this in detail.

Cheers!

34 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
CodeLion says

Hi valendesigns!

I think i found a small bug, when i add a textarea (WYSIWYG) to a list item as a setting,

Then i go to ‘Theme Options’, i don’t find the WYSIWYG , i find only a simple textarea..

Thank you so much. Ayoub
Sorry, that’s not a bug, it’s forced to be the simple textarea. There is a known issue in WP where having the editor in a UI Sortable list like meta boxes or in this case, a list item, causes the interaction with the DOM to fail.

You’re right, i thought it is a little bug, thank you for your clarification!

I read the docs, i didn’t find how to create the layouts when the template is activated, for exemple, when i give my client a template, i don’t want him to go through the import process..

is there any way that we can use to put text files that will be imported by default (like the previous version) ?

Thank you

Kind Regards

Ayoub

3256 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+9 more
ParkerAndKent says

Found a BUG :

All the options that run a query, like page select or page checkbox, use the global posts_per_page setting, so not all the expected results are displayed.

The queries should set ‘posts_per_page’ => -1

In fact you use for all the queries:

‘numberposts’ => -1

but numberposts isn’t valid as argument… you should use posts_per_page instead of it.

Parker

119 posts
+8 more

Hi valendesigns!

Thank you so much. Ayoub

You’re right, i thought it is a little bug, thank you for your clarification!

I read the docs, i didn’t find how to create the layouts when the template is activated, for exemple, when i give my client a template, i don’t want him to go through the import process..

is there any way that we can use to put text files that will be imported by default (like the previous version) ?

Thank you

Kind Regards

Ayoub

We could go back to the old import from .txt files when the settings and docs are hidden but it was buggy at best. The files would also need to be moved to a different directory as the ‘option-tree’ directory in the root of your theme is reserved for the plugin now and you don’t want to hack the core by adding files inside it. A better option would be to update the ‘option_tree_layouts’ option manually. At least that’s the way I would want it as a developer. Then you could do all this with PHP and not worry about permissions or if their server will read the contents of a txt file, that if not in the right place will not import.

If you are using the plugin as an include in your theme you can check the value of get_option( ‘option_tree_layouts’ ) in the DB and if it’s not set or empty save yours. If you do that you’ll need to save it as an array but each layout is still serialized and base64 encoded. I’ll write some docs or add some helper functions to make this easier for you guys to do without importing txt files. Maybe I’ll add a function for importing those base64 encoded strings by passing them to the function which will automatically check if the option has a value already and if it doesn’t will update it.

Let me know what you think.

Cheers!

3256 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+9 more
ParkerAndKent says

^ Don’t miss the bug I reported, that’s important :)

Parker

119 posts
+8 more

^ Don’t miss the bug I reported, that’s important :) Parker

I’ll look at today.

by
by