67 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
mattmatt88 says

Sorry for another question. I’m a designer and not much a coder. Is there a solution for that. or has anyone a simple way to do that:

Awesome plugin, transition went smoothly.

I have a question, what is the best way to add default value so that when the user activate the theme, it automatically come packed with optiontree + my options + my default value for these options.

I’ve added the entire option-tree folder in the root of my theme, I’ve added the code to reference it in my functions.php, I’ve exported my theme-options.php file, I’ve added it in the theme and referenced it in my functions.php.

When testing on a fresh WP install, option tree is there, my options are there, but they are blank and I can’t access my layouts. So the user can’t choose a predefined sets of value for the options, and they can’t upload any layouts information .. the only way is to have them install the plugin so they can import some layouts data.

Is there a better way?

Thanks!
67 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
mattmatt88 says

oh sorry, my version was not up to date. it works great :)

But I still want to integrate an Import function for dummy data. Is there an easy way to do that?

1002 posts It's in the pipeline!
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+7 more
purethemes says

Just wanted to say that I was always a little bit sceptic for Options Tree (version 1) and preferered my own solution, but I’ve started yesterday to dig into it and play a little bit – IT IS AWESOME ! Thank you Derek, you’re amazing!

310 posts Tabvn
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+4 more
tabvn says

Very good job, i tried and it worked perfect :), this plugin save a lot of times! thank you.

1002 posts It's in the pipeline!
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+7 more
purethemes says

I know that TinyMCE can’t be used if DOM is loaded so it’s not possible to have it in List Item when we add new element with textarea, but would it be possible to use it if we already have saved this element of List Items?

21 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
andiszek says

Hello, i`m not sure if this is the right place, but i`d like to suggest some very small improvements.

1. it seems that themes with OT included are getting soft-rejected because of: - REQUIRED : get_settings found in the file ot-settings-api.php. Deprecated since version 2.1. Use get_option() instead.

see here: http://themeforest.net/forums/thread/option-tree-comment-form-issue-in-theme-rejection/71429

would it be possible to update the ot-settings-api.php file, so there won`t be any more problems in the future?

2. would it be possible to add a custom class to the Textblock items (Admin – OT – Settings) , so we can color-code Textblock items? for example, i use Textblock items to add a separator between subsections in each Section. i`d like this textblock to be an other color, so i can see where my separators are.

a custom class on textblock items would be sufficient, and i could write my own CSS .

thanks in advance, andi

417 posts Keep Walking
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
+2 more
UXbarn says

Thank you so much valendesigns, the OptionTree is very awesome! :D

I’m trying to be familiar of implementing it. I’m new to the world of WordPress theme development but I’ve then realized that I found the magical tool here! ;)

Really appreciate your hard work.

417 posts Keep Walking
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
+2 more
UXbarn says

Hmm. Just wondering that is it possible to create the submenu or tab for each Section? I think the answer may be yes but after digging into the codes I’m just lost… :stress:

Could you guys please give me some guidance to achieve this? :bashful:

2485 posts Premium Scripts, Plugins and Themes
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+6 more
LucidStudios says

OptionTree 2.0 has some great updates and the feature for the support of google webfonts will make it perfect.

3543 posts Ruben Bristian
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+10 more
KrownThemes says

Hi Derek

Is it possible to have an event for the saving action? In your previous OT version you had a function like this in the /classes/class.admin.php file, around line 610 :

function option_tree_array_save()

Inside this function i’ve added a call to an external function which would take some values from the Theme Options and write a file with them.

I still want to do this in my themes so i was wondering if there is a better way to do it that alter the main code.

by
by
by
by
by
by