439 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market Located in Europe
+1 more
Pixelous says

valendesigns, could u please add input type=”number”, please? http://snag.gy/VzbzO.jpg Like it very much. And one more question, does images that we could upload via image uploading have their width and height? Sorry, don’t tested it yet, so decided to ask here. Thanks.

3256 posts
    Has referred 100+ members Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+9 more
ParkerAndKent says

Hi derek,

it’s missing an important thing. You have all the category options for blog categories, but what to do with custom taxonomies?

Not having the option to make a multi check or a select of custom taxonomies isn’t that cool… can you add this to development?

Thanks!

Parker

3256 posts
    Has referred 100+ members Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+9 more
ParkerAndKent says

To add custom taxonomies, you could do lines 197 and 255 of ot-functions-option-types.php:

/* get category array */
 $categories = get_categories( array( 'hide_empty' => false ) );
like this:
/* get category array */
 $categories = get_categories( array( 'hide_empty' => false, 'taxonomy' => $field_taxonomy ) );

$field_taxonomy should be a new properties for the option array, like post_type…

As taxonomy we can always use ‘category’ for standard blog categories, so no need to create new functions for the custom taxonomies and doing this way we could use any registered taxonomy with the category-select and category-checkbox types.

Parker

Let me know if you make the update, I’d need it :)

Parker

3256 posts
+9 more
ParkerAndKent says

I also think that the ot_type_post_select and ot_type_post_checkbox functions are a little redundant.

Instead we could esily use the functions for the custom post types, with default $field_post_type set to array(‘post’)... if the post_type is left blank… obviously it would perfectly work also entering ‘post’ as post_type.

I guess you duplicated the functions to make everything easier/clearer for the end user… mine are only suggestions ;)

Parker

119 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has referred 50+ members Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+8 more
valendesigns Envato team says

valendesigns, could u please add input type=”number”, please? http://snag.gy/VzbzO.jpg Like it very much. And one more question, does images that we could upload via image uploading have their width and height? Sorry, don’t tested it yet, so decided to ask here. Thanks.

Yeah, I’ll look into adding it. Also the images you upload with the uploader are saved as attachments so they have that info available, what ever it may be.

119 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has referred 50+ members Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+8 more

Hi derek,

it’s missing an important thing. You have all the category options for blog categories, but what to do with custom taxonomies?

Not having the option to make a multi check or a select of custom taxonomies isn’t that cool… can you add this to development?

Thanks!

Parker

I can add it, I’ll look into maybe tomorrow.

119 posts
+8 more

I also think that the ot_type_post_select and ot_type_post_checkbox functions are a little redundant.

Instead we could esily use the functions for the custom post types, with default $field_post_type set to array(‘post’)... if the post_type is left blank… obviously it would perfectly work also entering ‘post’ as post_type.

I guess you duplicated the functions to make everything easier/clearer for the end user… mine are only suggestions ;)

Parker

I’d definitely rather use DRY principals and will do a code audit in the near future. I spent a great deal of time making sure everything was working well. Next step clean up any extra code.

3256 posts
+9 more
ParkerAndKent says

I’ve completed main options and also different metaboxes on default and custom post types… everything seems working fine.

Just waiting the new option to load taxonomies :)

Parker

119 posts
+8 more

I’ve completed main options and also different metaboxes on default and custom post types… everything seems working fine.

Parker

Been added to the development branch.

3256 posts
+9 more
ParkerAndKent says

Parker
Been added to the development branch.

Great! :)

by
by
by
by
by
by