• Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Repeatedly helped protect Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Turkey
  • Won a Competition
thomas07 says
I think it works like this: You go to McBurger restaurant and you’re hungry… The McBurger makes this offer: 10 burgers at the price of 3 You say…mmmh, I came here to eat 2-3 burgers, but i’m a beast so I’m sure I can eat 4 burgers and if I’m still hungry I can eat 1 or 2 more. This is a deal and the customers go home belly broken and happy Other scenario 10 burgers at the price of 6 Well, you say… no I cannot eat 6 burgers, I go for 2 or at least 3, otherwise I will waste my money also if the offer is good. Your buyer goes back home as always, not very full and not very happy… This is what I think. :-D

i understand you, but the fact most of you bypass is the business model itself, the site you refere to may produce their own content and thats why be able to offer such licences which are more “catchy” to their potential customers. Here at envato is a ittle different, envato marketplace is user content driven which means envato cannot offer such licences without an prior agreement with the author/owner of that item…i hope it makes sense

8225 posts Community Moderator
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Community Moderator
  • United Kingdom
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Won a Competition
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
+4 more
MSFX Volunteer moderator says
btw, I just got my 10xlicense sale today for my $40 file and with my current commission it is $72 per sale ! There are customers out there who respect authors and take the license seriously

wow, congrats :D 8)

• Community Moderator
  • United Kingdom
  • Won a Competition
  • Beta Tester
+4 more
which means envato cannot offer such licences without an prior agreement with the author/owner of that item…i hope it makes sense

please find the line in the authors agreement where it says this or restricts this in anyway…

988 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Turkey
  • Won a Competition
thomas07 says
Even the current “buy 10 licences for price of 3” offer is violation of authorts rights on envato, no one can sell your item behind such multiple licences strategy in order to increase their own sales without your permission or another agreement between the both parties (author and seller) that matches their benefits. I cant rememner someone of envato asked me if they can sell my files under such conditions…do you? well, i was thinking the same.
Did you not read the agreements when you signed up..? Obviously not. They can alter the price and number of licenses for that price as much as they want under the agreement of which you didnt read. There is nothing stating that they cannot change this without your consent and so therefore they are doing nothing wrong. In the end its black and white… If you dont like it, dont sell here?

i am pointing to ethics my friend + you definitely not the one i am going to ask where to sell, if you dont give a hot about your own rights, this doesnt mean others doesnt too…get serious

peace :D

LeatherwingStudios
LeatherwingStudios Recent Posts Threads Started
544 posts
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
LeatherwingStudios says
The single use license for each item is always true, nothing changes but envato just makes it clearer for buyers and authors.

well, I really do appreciate that they are being more clear about it now. I looked at the license from a year ago and it was definitely not clear on the single-use thing.

You’re welcome to shop at other stock but in the end the quality and the price at FD is factor that make it to be the best.

good point. but if I find the exact same item, by the exact same person at Wal-Mart and I save $10 compared to Macys I’m ahead of the game. :)

btw, I just got my 10xlicense sale today

congrats!!!

LeatherwingStudios
LeatherwingStudios Recent Posts Threads Started
544 posts
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
LeatherwingStudios says
i am pointing to ethics my friend + you definitely not the one i am going to ask where to sell, if you dont give a hot about your own rights, this doesnt mean others doesnt too…get serious peace :D

well, you may not like it but I’m sure FD has the agreement set up so that they can change the terms if they wish. of course you always have the right to leave or voice your concerns and if a bunch of authors did just that they’d probably listen to you.

988 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Turkey
  • Won a Competition
thomas07 says

well, then i must change my plans about starting to submit my wordpress theme creations on here…and probably after this new licencing system is in action, many authors will first then realize how bad was the idea. However, anyone is free to submit or nor, reject files and leave or continue to agree to unethical practices.

• Community Moderator
  • United Kingdom
  • Won a Competition
  • Beta Tester
+4 more
well, then i must change my plans about starting to submit my wordpress theme creations on here…and probably after this new licencing system is in action, many authors will first then realize how bad was the idea. However, anyone is free to submit or nor, reject files and leave or continue to agree to unethical practices.

of course and you can toggle the multi license off if you dont want to sell that way…

although yes ethics are important this is business and if it makes me more money and brings out the honesty in some buyers then i’m all for it.

It’s not a lovey dovey world my friend and it never will be.

“peace” :P

988 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Turkey
  • Won a Competition
thomas07 says

if you go back and read my first few messages, you will see that i am not talking about somerthing different than you…its about while making this “improvements”, make your authors better benefit from...the % for authors schould be more lovey dovey :P or other wise i dont see a reason why authors schould agree to that “improvement”

5857 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • India
+3 more
VF says
...other wise i dont see a reason why authors schould agree to that “improvement”

There is a definit benifit here for the authors. Before this new license system, there was almost less than 1% of buyers bought a file twice. Now it seems 10 Project purchases happening very often.

by
by
by
by
by
by