666 posts Allegro120 Composer
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+5 more
Allegro120 says

This post is just to complain about some orchestral vst, their failures, in spite of the high price of many of them. You think about this?

Starting later staccato, brass with that release too muddy, loop are not perfect … there are many examples.

It can provide solutions, or that manufacturers are trying to remedy the all these errors.

1479 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
Mihai_Sorohan says

Well, imperfections makes sometimes “the magic”, without those the sound is nothing like a real orchestra. We should have also VSTi’s with drinking problems, who come late at rehearsals and don’t practice :D

159 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+3 more
James-Lee-Grey says

Cases when libs devour too much memory counts as a failure? :D Seriously libs from EWQL which using play engine too sluggish in this sense sometimes. But they sounds great… Hollywood Brass for example (but I honestly would prefer a Cinesmples Brass instead it).

611 posts
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Has referred 100+ members
+3 more
Basspartout says

We should have also VSTi’s with drinking problems, who come late at rehearsals and don’t practice :D
Haha, maybe THAT ’s the reason why I sometimes can’t seem to finish some of my tracks!! :bigwink:
Photobucket
+5 more
Allegro120 says

For example Cinebrass sustain mode, produces a strange release that blurs all, if you put the notes shorter (4 possible modes) do not get the desired phrase. This same Vsti, touching delayed some notes, it’s like a runaway horse, but his timbre and fidelity are very good.

I think we could expand this post, in search of answers, possible arrangements.

2010 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+8 more
matsteiner Envato team says

Well, i like my Vienna VSL Library very much! Nicely done, absolute 100% reliable* Player (don’t remember crashing it with Cubase 6.5) with A LOT of features!! (*as Long you run it 64Bit with a lot of RAM , but Vienna isn’t the worst from that point of view either)

395 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+1 more
BigBouncyBright says

Loops is the most problem, you should constantly tune the lenght of the notes manually :( and many more La Scoring strings, some violin notes move a little from the center to left while playing melody (without any internal effects), is this normal?

+5 more
Allegro120 says

Yes, this is normal, are balanced, I think only spiccatos and staccatos. Within Vsti, Lass is the best. Start on your point and don´t have delayed to sound the note.

Not so with Requien, have many problems.

We could write a book. :(

6 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Canada
+1 more
MDKSound says

Well, imperfections makes sometimes “the magic”, without those the sound is nothing like a real orchestra. We should have also VSTi’s with drinking problems, who come late at rehearsals and don’t practice :D

I agree with this 100%! It’s often these imperfections and inconsistencies that inspire me, or lead me to find out something new about the software I’m using. I can’t even count the number of times a small annoyance/’problem’ has lead me to Google, which leads me to a Youtube tutorial, which leads me to a blog…and a few hours later I stumble back to my DAW filled with a ton of new inspiration!

I’m not sure how much I’d still enjoy making music if everything just worked exactly as I expected it to, every day :P

395 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+1 more
BigBouncyBright says

Yes, this is normal, are balanced, I think only spiccatos and staccatos. Within Vsti, Lass is the best. Start on your point and don´t have delayed to sound the note.

Not so with Requien, have many problems.

We could write a book. :(
Yes LASS is great but have some disadvantages too
by
by
by
by
by
by