342 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United Kingdom
+2 more
StencilMedia says

Mavericks?! I guess there was only so many cats they could get through. I wonder what will be next in this new series… Goose, Cougar, Stinger, Jester, Viper, Iceman, Hollywood?

It’s places in America ;)

http://www.cultofmac.com/231409/os-x-mavericks-isnt-named-after-a-cat-its-named-after-a-dog/

Ah, right. I thought they were going for Top Gun characters.

2445 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
digitalimpact says

Waited a while to post in this thread, I guess now’s the time for my 2 cents.

Was trying to preview an image in Finder just now – it completely froze while trying to open Preview, and I had to force shutdown the Mac (aka hold down the power button, as Activiy Monitor couldn’t help poor Finder). I started it up again, only to find that none of the images in that folder are there anymore. 2000+ files, just vanished.

Oh, and Preview not only froze my Mac and lead to files lost… it is also soooo slow since Mavericks. Plus, that beach ball keeps showing up for a fraction of a second, in even the most basic scenarios, like switching a browser tab or hovering a bookmark… on a 2012 retina MBP with i7 and 16GB RAM… :|

I’m not liking Mavericks at all, Mountain Lion was much better. It’s the first time I’ve updated Apple software the second it was available, and it confirms my worries: I’ll never do this mistake again. :(

As much as I like the hardware and software from Apple, Mavericks is, since its launch, a big disappointment for me…

310 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+2 more
GroovingGecko says

Hmm, that’s strange. Maybe something else went wrong?

I’ve been running it (heavily) since it came out and have had zero problems so far on both computers (the new 2013 MBP i7 15” 16GB and late 2012 Mac Mini i7).

Running three screens and it works like a charm! :)

2445 posts
+3 more
digitalimpact says

It’s been slow since day 1 with Mavericks and I see many more people online, with rMBPs, that are also complaining about mostly the same stuff I’m experiencing.

This was the first real issue with it, but Preview and beach ball – yeah, had those since I installed it, when it came out. I miss ML.

Something definitely is wrong, but maybe I’m just “lucky”, as I also see my iPad 4 is slower since iOS7 (iPhone is just as fast, though)... oh well… reinstall, I guess.

2268 posts Bird is the word..
  • Located in United States
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
jonathan01 says

Apple issued a notice stating there are issues with certain external hard drives manufactured by Western Digital and / or Lacie – if you google this I’m not sure if it’s possible to gain your data back but it appears to actually be an issue with the software provided by WD and also Lacie not Mavericks.

Here’s an article that may help:

http://blogs.computerworld.com/mac-os-x/23082/troubleshooting-external-drive-data-loss-os-x-mavericks

haven’t seen any issues here at all on our macs.

2445 posts
+3 more
digitalimpact says

Thanks Jonathan,

I knew about that issue and I am indeed running a WD external drive. However, I did not install the software for it (I never do that), so I don’t think that’s the issue.

What always bugs me is how Apple always releases software/update with minor-to-significant bugs. External drive software is unrelated, yes, but there are so many little, stupid bugs, that are always present in initial releases, be it OS X or iOS. How they can create such complex stuff, but release it with stupid, obvious bugs, I’ll never understand.

5480 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in Australia
+4 more
Australia says

I posted this a couple of weeks ago, shortly after I installed Mavericks.

Now Transmit, doesnt FTP automatically .. well it kinda does… but i will explain.

I save in Sublime , I see the file activity in transmit, but nothing happens .. I move mouse over ( hover ) transmit window, just hover ! And the file begins to upload !

Its friggin annoyin !!!!!!

631 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
UBLThemes says

I posted this a couple of weeks ago, shortly after I installed Mavericks.

Now Transmit, doesnt FTP automatically .. well it kinda does… but i will explain.

I save in Sublime , I see the file activity in transmit, but nothing happens .. I move mouse over ( hover ) transmit window, just hover ! And the file begins to upload !

Its friggin annoyin !!!!!!

Your lucky, cuteftp stopped even opening for me, so I purchased Transmit which I am impressed with.

It uploads and syncs fine for me.

Try removing and installing again, it may have been corrupted slightly.

2268 posts Bird is the word..
  • Located in United States
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
jonathan01 says

Yup same here use transmit all day everyday and zero issues – as mentioned I would simply remove and re-install possibly.

5480 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in Australia
+4 more
Australia says

Remove Transmit ? and try again ?? or Mavericks…

Hoping you suggest Transmit lol

by
by
by
by
by
by