1409 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
IngeniousArtist says

Thank You for this post :)
I understood a lot of things today and got out my confusion…
Thanks again :)

6025 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

Speaking of shopping carts, is it in the foreseeable future, oh grand master of the marketplaces?
I know I’m off topic but I was just itching to ask! Please pardon me. :)
[...]
Good question, and the answer I’m afraid is I’m not sure. [...]

\\

1702 posts Multimedia Artistry
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Contributed a free file of the month
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+4 more
dnp_theme says

Hi Collis, great to see you around !!

I wonder and I hope this doesn’t sound scary, but why don’t we make the sale reversals just as refunds? A team would easily investigate why (what are the technical/design issues) to ask for reversal so that they can approve or disapprove the reversal.

The “money back guarantee” cannot work in case of this kind of phenomena, Paypal cannot decide for authors or Envato or to evaluate their client’s issue, because they have different function. It’s completely illogical to provide such an easy way to “steal” things that we work hard for countless months.

DNP

1791 posts Don't Worry, Be Happy
  • Located in United States
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
FinalDestiny says

@dnp_theme because Envato has nothing to do with the investigation of them, they can’t do anything. If PayPal gives the money back to the buyer, Envato can only mark it as a sale reversal, there’s nothing Envato can do. It’s PayPal that needs to analyze these transactions, but in 99,9% of the cases they protect the buyer, no matter what.

+4 more
dnp_theme says

@FD I understand the implications, and yes, Envato can do more than just noticing reversals in our statements. Envato always approved/disapproved refunds, this should never change.

3567 posts Ruben Bristian
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
+10 more
KrownThemes says

@FD I understand the implications, and yes, Envato can do more than just noticing reversals in our statements. Envato always approved/disapproved refunds, this should never change.

You don’t understand.. Envato can’t approve or disapprove anything. They simply know that the reversal was done, because the reversal is done by PayPal with absolutely no possibility of intervention from Envato.

+4 more
dnp_theme says

You don’t understand.. Envato can’t approve or disapprove anything. They simply know that the reversal was done, because the reversal is done by PayPal with absolutely no possibility of intervention from Envato.

Since the first post on the matter, I perfectly understand that the reversal is in fact a reverse payment that occurs at gateway, Paypal, outside Envato reach, yatta yatta.

Nothing is impossible these days, I am not looking at the needle in the ocean, I am talking about an idea to make possible these reversals safe for authors.

4336 posts Community Mod Building awesome stuff for your mobile devices!
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+14 more
Enabled Moderator says

Since the first post on the matter, I perfectly understand that the reversal is in fact a reverse payment that occurs at gateway, Paypal, outside Envato reach, yatta yatta.

Nothing is impossible these days, I am not looking at the needle in the ocean, I am talking about an idea to make possible these reversals safe for authors.

It’s not that it’s impossible or not impossible. The gateways have their policies that Envato can’t overrule! If a gateway decides a dispute/transaction as withdrawn and you cannot proceed in attacking it due to their TOS / Policies, then that’s sadly that! :)

7604 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

Hi Collis, Thank You for speaking up about this, I’m frankly surprised in a good way. :) I was thinking my, and other authors, concerns would had been ignored. (even if I acknowledge that staff tried to explain the issue when we spoke about on the forum but I personally believed we were running in circles)

First, an important point need to be clear. The author agreement I’ve signed when making an account here clearly states that envato can change the rules when they want so, let’s say “legally”, there’s no issue on this part and never was.

I will not repeat what I’ve written in the threads, probably you check them before making this thread.

The only thing I want to say is that, morally, it make no sense for me to support loses of any type of scam made against envato. My “duties” are to create items for the marketplace (in my case exclusive items). I’m not obligated to deal with the buyers in any way, this is envato job. Even if I want to deal with buyers I can’t because envato hides them from me.

You said a “sale reversal” is not a real sale, yet my item is downloaded. From my point of view the sale was made and the marketplace failed to protect my item. Envato lost nothing, I’ve lost the item I put on the marketplace.

At this moment, any type of sale I make on envato can disappear with no warning at any time. This is really frustrating and the fact that envato have no problem announcing they don’t even investigate those issues because they cost them money is insulting.

I also don’t think you answered our questions regarding certain aspects of this issue but you just repeated the information provided in the article posted on the knowledgebase.

I understand this is final so debating this now is pointless.

1283 posts
  • Has collected more than 1000 items on Envato Market
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
graphic4444 says

I’d also recommend, as in another thread, that envato use IP Blocking for troublesome/fraudulent buyers who make phony purchases, or “serial refunders” who are likely pirates.

Although IPs can be spoofed/proxied, at least having some manner of IP Blacklist is a smart idea (it’s what I do in my business; when I get a fraudulent/bad order, I IP-block that location from ever being able to try and buy again, which reduces the bad customer/fraud workload).

by
by
by
by
by
by