7315 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

Envato is the messenger, don’t shoot the messenger, shoot the hacker who made the fake payment in the first place!

envato is no messenger but a store.

5348 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in Canada
  • Joined us in one of our Envato Live Events
+12 more
KingDog Envato team says

Hey collis! I have a question for you. When a sale reversal occurs, and the account is disabled (yet the user managed to get the license key) is the license key still available? If I check it on the API do I get any response from it or does it appear as an invalid license key? Thanks.
The license key becomes invalid as soon as the account is disabled :-)
So… if we disable our account that means we void our licenses that we purchased??! Can someone please explain this to us because we’re getting ready to look for alternative vendors to purchase stock materials from and we’ll be disabling our account very soon once we find a new solution.

Why exactly would you need to disable your account? You’re fine to purchase from wherever you want, there’s no reason to disable your account for that :-)

1367 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
IngeniousArtist says

I’d also recommend, as in another thread, that envato use IP Blocking for troublesome/fraudulent buyers who make phony purchases, or “serial refunders” who are likely pirates. Although IPs can be spoofed/proxied, at least having some manner of IP Blacklist is a smart idea (it’s what I do in my business; when I get a fraudulent/bad order, I IP-block that location from ever being able to try and buy again, which reduces the bad customer/fraud workload).

That might result in some problems in countries like ours… You see, in our country, Many ISP providers give out shared connections (no wonder the speed gets slow :P )... They have the same ip…
And so it is a problem if you block out one ip, the others get blocked too ;)
For Ex : If two authors have same connection, and one guy is fraudulent, the other guys gets punished also…

126 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
bouncy says

overall, its hurts like a girl friend would have left you

5348 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in Canada
  • Joined us in one of our Envato Live Events
+12 more
KingDog Envato team says
You didn’t answer my question. When we disable our account, our licenses are instantly voided??

You would want to go through Support if you were wanting to disable your account and keep your licenses. They’d be able to help you out :-)

2 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
Geneus says

You didn’t answer my question. When we disable our account, our licenses are instantly voided??
You would want to go through Support if you were wanting to disable your account and keep your licenses. They’d be able to help you out :-)
Thank you! We’ll be sure to contact support! Who knows, maybe we’ll be back once things get fixed around here.

Why so serious? :) Yes, to some extent I agree with the community’s disappointment of feeling shortchanged and not accepting of the fact that envato, a huge, established marketplace seemingly does not have security measures and refined steps in addressing fraudulent activity.

With that being said, going and deactivating your account due to fraudulent activity, on the Internet no less, is akin to throwing the baby out with the bath water. I have faith they will rectify any errors on their part and implement tighter security protocol but you are somewhat over reacting.

Anything distributed digitally is bound to have excessive security risk and no marketplace can guarantee you such won’t happen. Good luck finding one!

85 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
mattborchert says

Yep, you simply won’t survive on the internet selling digital goods if you cannot accept that people are going to pirate what you do. The important thing is that enough legitimate buyers support what you do for you to continue being in business.

3748 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Won a competition
+9 more
pezflash says

I can’t get the point around all this discussion; imho, as long as the system works legitimately, i wouldn’t want any money for something i haven’t sold.

108 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+3 more
LeAmino says
A ‘sale reversal’ as it is shown on your statement is not a refund to a buyer, nor is it the result of any kind of dispute process initiated by the purchaser based on the quality of an item.
Glad to hear that :p Thanks :D
840 posts
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+2 more
YD-LABS says

Envato Approach to Sales Reversals FAILED. Because those peoples are STILL getting everything for FREE.

I am selling on other marketplaces too but never saw this kind of failure there.

by
by
by
by
by
by