1748 posts Don't Worry, Be Happy
    Has referred 200+ members Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+8 more
FinalDestiny says

What you don’t understand is that Envato is just a player here, they just play by PayPal’s rules, . If PayPal says that transaction was not valid, Envato has absolutely nothing left to do but to get the money from the author back. That’s how it works. I don’t get what’s so hard to understand. There’s nothing more Envato can do in this situation as PayPal doesn’t really care about one individual online shop in order to change the rules just for that one.

280 posts
    Has referred 10+ members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
PrimaThemes says

That’s how it works. I don’t get what’s so hard to understand.

It is normal because I believe most of them never deal with this kind of issue with Paypal directly. Two years ago I ran my own theme shop and I always get many “unauthorized transaction” resolution on my Paypal account every month! It made me crazy because I couldn’t do anything. Paypal always took the money again from my account! So, I am still happy with Envato as long as they promise me to improve the security of this marketplace and keep my “Sales Reversal” number is minimum. ;)

This never ending discussion comes because Colis & team do not add this feature for years and prefer to “pay” authors for this “unauthorized transaction” for years! So, when Envato introduce this “Sales Reversal” system, Envato simply asks authors to go outside of their comfort zone, and of course some of them are not happy with this. It is normal. :)

5869 posts
    Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

@FinalDestiny, not sure if you replied to my post. In such cases, what I pointed (in the 2nd para) is different route of investigation – not through payment providers.

290 posts
    Has referred 10+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
lou606 says

Well, I am a newbie, as i started uploading 1 month ago. on the 30 sales i ‘ve made, i had 3 sales reversal. That’s a 10% when Envato speaks about 2%. It’s really not motivating for new authors like me.

362 posts
    Has referred 10+ members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+3 more
codenegar says

Today I had two sale reversals from one plugin, one of them was purchased about 2 months ago and another one was purchased about a month ago.
So how long does it take to discover a sale reversal? They could get and use updates and get support from me for two months!

284 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years Has referred 1+ members Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
Deep_Blue says

I had 2 sale reversals recently :( and I know that the buyer took them as freebies. What about forcing buyers to upload credit rather than paying directly from paypal or visa, will this make a difference?

Yea, sure, great idea, removing paypal support and getting less than 40% of the current number of sales and no reversals, GREAT IDEA, I wonder how could you come up with something as brilliant as this.

Some of you are better with 0 sales and 0 sales reversals rather than 10 sales and 2 reversals.

I’m wondering why mostly only the authors with at most 1-5k earned on the marketplaces are constantly complaining about it instead of some of the authors that really lose significant amounts of money every month due to reversals and still understand that there’s not much anyone can do

@bluelagoon Envato is not taking your share to cover sale reversals, all your sales are generated by Envato, without Envato you wouldn’t have not even one customer, you can open your own market and sell your tracks and you’ll see how hard is to bring customers and to handle them. It’s very easy to talk about how easy it would be to open your own marketplace and that Envato doesn’t help you at all, but have you even tried it? Try it and you’ll see how fast you’ll come back to Envato again.

Who said eliminate paypal, buyers can upload credit using paypal!

The 1-5k buyers that you talk about complains because many of them are new to this whole system, like me for instance I only knew about sale reversals from 3 weeks only, i dont care a lot about it actually as long as the prescentage of sale reversals stays low.

14 posts
    Located in Poland
follow20 says

so, it is interesting

144 posts
    Has referred 50+ members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Had an item featured on Envato Market
+5 more
expressodesign says

Hi Collis, Thank You for speaking up about this, I’m frankly surprised in a good way. :) I was thinking my, and other authors, concerns would had been ignored. (even if I acknowledge that staff tried to explain the issue when we spoke about on the forum but I personally believed we were running in circles)

First, an important point need to be clear. The author agreement I’ve signed when making an account here clearly states that envato can change the rules when they want so, let’s say “legally”, there’s no issue on this part and never was.

I will not repeat what I’ve written in the threads, probably you check them before making this thread.

The only thing I want to say is that, morally, it make no sense for me to support loses of any type of scam made against envato. My “duties” are to create items for the marketplace (in my case exclusive items). I’m not obligated to deal with the buyers in any way, this is envato job. Even if I want to deal with buyers I can’t because envato hides them from me.

You said a “sale reversal” is not a real sale, yet my item is downloaded. From my point of view the sale was made and the marketplace failed to protect my item. Envato lost nothing, I’ve lost the item I put on the marketplace.

At this moment, any type of sale I make on envato can disappear with no warning at any time. This is really frustrating and the fact that envato have no problem announcing they don’t even investigate those issues because they cost them money is insulting.

I also don’t think you answered our questions regarding certain aspects of this issue but you just repeated the information provided in the article posted on the knowledgebase.

I understand this is final so debating this now is pointless.

+1

1 post
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
kinhkha says

Thanks

838 posts
    Has referred 10+ members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+2 more
YD-LABS says

You said a “sale reversal” is not a real sale, yet my item is downloaded. From my point of view the sale was made and the marketplace failed to protect my item. Envato lost nothing, I’ve lost the item I put on the marketplace.

+1

by
by
by
by
by
by