919 posts
    Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Contributed a free file of the month
+3 more
djjeep says

I have a serious back pain and sometimes I even can’t to get up from the bed because of the pain. All because the time spent in front of the computer. ( and childhood trauma )

Now I take a 10 min break every hour.

I’m 24 years old but I remember “I’ll not be young forever… ” :(

- exercise ( since last week, I go to GYM ) 3 times on a week)) -1 (3 days) time on a month I travel to friends in other city. - train your eyes and body ( eyes exercise before sleeping 3 min. and 1 min. every hour. ) - try to not exceed the 8 hours limit of work per day ( I worked 10-12 hours a day, sometimes more…) – now 4-5 – but this is EFFECTIVE TIME! ;)

1241 posts How's the surf doing?
    Has referred 200+ members Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
tommusrhodus says

Invest in a proper chair. If you make your living sat in a chair you owe it to yourself to spend a lot of money in a proper posture fitting chair.

I’m 6’5” and have a family history of back problems, invested in a 2nd hand Herman Miller Aeron and I’ll never go back to an ordinary chair now. It was only £300 2nd hand as well, that’s money well spent for a chair that looks after you properly :)

4596 posts Love & Light
    Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market Interviewed on an Envato blog Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
digitalscience says

Eat healthy, drink lots of water, get some sunshine and sleep at least 7hrs a day – works for me

115 posts
    Has referred 1+ members Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
illiachenvar says

great topic – in fact our health is the only thing that can destroy our creativity :) I’m not young girl anymore (just let my age be the mistery) but since I remeber there was always some activity in my life. I spent 12-16 h/day in front of my computer and stay healthy and fit. How: 1. Gym workout 3/week 2. Don’t use car very often 3. Heathy food – homemade

I have no idea what “pain in my back” is ;)

89 posts
    Has referred 100+ members Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+7 more
MVPThemes says

I actually spend a lot of time in the gym because of the nature of my work of sitting at a desk most of the day. I lift weights for an hour or so 4-5 times each week and run for 30 minutes 3 times each week. I also play softball regularly and do other things like bike trails, play tennis, and swim on occasion.

Even with this activity, studies say that sitting down for long periods of time is still pretty harmful to your health, even if you regularly exercise.

Other than that, I try to drink plenty of water and try (keyword: try) to get at least 7 hours of sleep. Getting 7 to 8 hours of sleep is easily the most important thing you can do for your health.

115 posts
    Has referred 1+ members Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
illiachenvar says

I actually spend a lot of time in the gym because of the nature of my work of sitting at a desk most of the day. I lift weights for an hour or so 4-5 times each week and run for 30 minutes 3 times each week. I also play softball regularly and do other things like bike trails, play tennis, and swim on occasion.

Even with this activity, studies say that sitting down for long periods of time is still pretty harmful to your health, even if you regularly exercise.

Other than that, I try to drink plenty of water and try (keyword: try) to get at least 7 hours of sleep. Getting 7 to 8 hours of sleep is easily the most important thing you can do for your health.

I love weights lifting :D

1520 posts
    Has referred 10+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
Bedros says

Think Positive. The rest is secondary.
It’s just that simple.

10 posts
    Has referred 10+ members Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
+1 more
Voxel3D says

I highly recommend getting an adjustable height desk. Studies even show that sitting all day is harmful for your health.

So I say, screw the 10 minute an hour thing, and get yourself a new desk, or one of these http://www.ergotron.com/ProductsDetails/tabid/65/PRDID/381/language/en-US/Default.aspx :) it will take some time to get used to since we’re so used to just sitting all day. Start with standing before lunch, and after lunch sitting down for example.

591 posts
    Has sold $100+ on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Located in Ghana
IsaacA says

Good advices and topic! That’s what I do:

- run every morning on a fresh air recording ideas for new songs in my head + exercising

- more walking

- sleep/awake schedule

- whole food plant based diet

- no mental negativity diet

- writing music and enjoying life :)

Wow you must be healthy then! I gotta say I don’t do much of any of this… I need to start.

128 posts
    Has referred 1+ members Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Pulled off some great moustache to raise money or awareness for Movember Australia
+4 more
ic0de says
by
by
by
by
by
by