(Locked) Outrages Copy my own Template - Design & Animations I need help in making a complaint

49 posts creative.performance
  • Elite Author
  • United Kingdom
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
mediacreed says

I really don’t see the outrageous copy. It’s most likely inspired, but that’s all i;m sure there isn’t copied code. How about Ruben’s WowWay or Elastico, they could say you stolen the idea and did it differently, however they didn’t. We all seek inspiration somewhere. I also found bits of my work here on the markets and i was actually flattered my work is inspirational.

I’m sure you’re just really pissed off right now, that’s all :)

EDIT: My point is that you shouldn’t take it too personal and get through this quickly.

I also see you’ve calmed down now, which is really good :)

Hi,

Just as an extra info. Synergy was developed long time ago, long time before Elastico and WowWay.

See my flash profile and see my February 2012 Synergy Template:

http://activeden.net/item/synergy-xml-template-with-deeplinking/1625550

So i had nothing with Ruben’s and Spade invaders because they have same design principles. But from principle to look and animations it is a long way to go.

My 2 cent opinion.

Cheers,
Mediacreed

193 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Europe
ikaruna says

We’re sorry this happened to you mediacreed, and for what it matters, to us it looks as well a bit too close to your template, if you look at the preview image on the template’s presentation, there’s even one image which is the same :) However, that image or any of the others don’t appear then in the actual live preview.

• Elite Author
  • United Kingdom
  • Exclusive Author
mediacreed says

We’re sorry this happened to you mediacreed, and for what it matters, to us it looks as well a bit too close to your template, if you look at the preview image on the template’s presentation, there’s even one image which is the same :) However, that image or any of the others don’t appear then in the actual live preview.

Thank you for posting your opinion :)
Mediacreed

470 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Israel
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
virtuti says

For me it looks a copy (worse copy) of yours, definitely. You need to report to Envato. As far as I noticed, Enavto removes clones.

3069 posts
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Won a Competition
  • Exclusive Author
  • Romania
wickedpixel says

There should be an option for items, something like a title “Shameful clone of the original theme: ORIGINAL_THEME_LINK ”. Thing activated after valid complains are filled.

• Elite Author
  • United Kingdom
  • Exclusive Author
mediacreed says

For me it looks a copy (worse copy) of yours, definitely. You need to report to Envato. As far as I noticed, Enavto removes clones.

Thank you for your opinion :) Cheers,
Mediacreed

• Elite Author
  • United Kingdom
  • Exclusive Author
mediacreed says

There should be an option for items, something like a title “Shameful clone of the original theme: ORIGINAL_THEME_LINK ”. Thing activated after valid complains are filled.

+1000 You have made my day with that suggestion. Seriously thinking to make an outside website for this. :D

457 posts
  • Austria
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
iHelp says

Seriously thinking to make an outside website for this. :D

You’re concentrating on the wrong things now. Don’t let this control your life and the way you use your precious time.

• Elite Author
  • United Kingdom
  • Exclusive Author
mediacreed says

Seriously thinking to make an outside website for this. :D
You’re concentrating on the wrong things now. Don’t let this control your life and the way you use your precious time.

Yes you are very right. I won’t concentrate this, believe me that i will make it just for fun and i will have fun while doing it. Will i do it now? No

Will i do it this month? No. But there will be a time when i will have enough of this copy users and believe me that authors will gather and will have enough of them.

Thank you for your opinion!
Cheers,
Mediacreed

206 posts
  • Europe
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
corethemes says

Hello everyone,

I cannot tell you how sad I am right now :-(

First of all, these type of accusations should not be posted on the item wall, dragging me, Themeforest, the community and Mediacreed themselves through the mud. It is beyond unprofessional.

Second, I have NOT copied anything from Mediacreed’s amazing Synergy template, the themes have some similarities, but they serve the exact same purpose, and are of the same style. For instance, why would I move the sidebar to the right or top, just for the sake of it, not to be accused of?

There are tons of completely different features and styles between the themes, Synergy is HTML5, Asgard is not. Asgard is crawlable, Synergy, I assume, is not. The inner pages are completely different, I have masonry layouts, Synergy doesn’t.

And honestly, I have seen tens of themes like these two, even on Themeforest, cannot see why all the fuss is about, resolving to some members like Virtuti directly abusing them! That is beyond spiteful, to say the least.

Finally, even if there was an issue, this is between Mediacreed and me, nothing to do with others, if they feel so affended, they can sue me, I will support my work, I have worked tons of hours on this, and will not tolerate such accusations.

And last of all, Mediacreed, you have even purchased my theme (I have NOT purchased Synergy), check every bit of my code, I am sure you won’t find anything similar, I have developed this for scratch. End of story.

PS: Ben Sheppard is a friend on Facebook, he is not an affiliate or anything, he simply gave feedback through the development progress.

Nikos

by
by
by
by
by
by