123 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
+1 more
just-in-case says

Hi! Can I get an overall feedback for my portfolio? I have a few tracks, but would be nice to hear some constructive criticism. Thanks!

393 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
Twisterium says

Well I’ve listened a dozen of your tracks. They are beautiful. But you’re a “piano-man” and your tracks would sound perfect if you use more expensive Piano sampler or VST library. Good luck and go on!

2715 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Won a competition
+7 more
DanielKeller says

I’m not a very big musician here with many files (but should definetely start again) that could give decent feedback, but from those songs I’ve heard I think you’re really a piano man, but you’re also very good at electronic and pop tracks, which I like especially! I also thought I’d give some individual feedback to some tracks:

“Classical Dance” is a good mix of both classic and house, which I think is a brilliant idea and track!

“Corporate Exclusive”, don’t know if that’s appropriate to say here, but I’d say it’s a bit much going on in this track regarding the instruments. so less is more, but that’s just my personal opinion.

123 posts
+1 more
just-in-case says

Thanks guys, really appreciate your feedback! Do you have any suggestions regarding piano-vst plugins?

514 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+5 more
JonBuice says

Thanks guys, really appreciate your feedback! Do you have any suggestions regarding piano-vst plugins?

If you have some cash you spend, Ivory ( what I use a lot) is a great sounding instrument. It has a few models including uprights, grands, and italian grands. Also I hear the alicia keys piano is pretty nice as well.

123 posts
+1 more
just-in-case says

If you have some cash you spend, Ivory ( what I use a lot) is a great sounding instrument. It has a few models including uprights, grands, and italian grands. Also I hear the alicia keys piano is pretty nice as well.

Thanks for tip! I will look in to it :)

2005 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+8 more
matsteiner Envato team says

Hi Jacob
A better Piano library is a good tip for sure, but the other thing is, how you play it: You songs are nicely played, but if you would a have a bit more variation of velocity and if you would’nt quantize everything, the sound would be much more living and natural, even without buying a new piano library! In my songs I usually don’t quantize the piano to keep the feeling, better fix some very “wrong” notes manually without let them snap in the grid, of course. The library is always secondary, primary important is the feeling of the player! So before spending a lot of money consider this! :) I wish you good luck with your great tunes and that they get even better!

123 posts
+1 more
just-in-case says

Hi Jacob
A better Piano library is a good tip for sure, but the other thing is, how you play it: You songs are nicely played, but if you would a have a bit more variation of velocity and if you would’nt quantize everything, the sound would be much more living and natural, even without buying a new piano library! In my songs I usually don’t quantize the piano to keep the feeling, better fix some very “wrong” notes manually without let them snap in the grid, of course. The library is always secondary, primary important is the feeling of the player! So before spending a lot of money consider this! :) I wish you good luck with your great tunes and that they get even better!

Thanks! I have actually used more velocity and for the quantize you have 100% right.

2005 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+8 more
matsteiner Envato team says

You’re welcome. But not that you get me wrong: I don’t mean MORE velocity, but more dynamic (more lower and higher variations), o.k?

123 posts
+1 more
just-in-case says

Yes, I know :)

by
by
by
by