2 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
kakix says

Hi! I started my journey to finding the perfect wordpress theme for my business website last week.

Since, I have purchased 1 theme, and have been left disappointed, but it is my own fault because I didn’t know exactly what I wanted/needed, and chose based on look.

Now, I know what I want! I’m just having an awful time finding a theme that can do all of this! Below I have created a list of what I need and what I would like… and if any theme/developer comes to mind… please mention =)

Need: - Lots of shortcodes! I know it may hinder my ability to learn, but I need to get my website up fast! - Multiple post types on the blog – quotes, links, etc. - Responsive! Must look good on an iPhone! - IE7 compatible – I know a lot of themes aren’t built for IE7 – but – as long as the theme is still functional, and looks good, that’s good enough! - Slider with the ability to embed video (so that it doesn’t take up the whole slider, only 40-50%, like Revolution Slider) - Ability to create a testimonial slider (that automatically slides)

Wants: - A design that can be boxed/wide,

Any help will be much appreciated. Thank you !

7 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Located in United States
illusiodesign says

You should check out Glisseo. It’s responsive and has a good amount of shortcodes: tabs, toggles, accordions, columns, buttons, etc. It also ships with Revolution Slider, which supports up to six settings for device/screen widths. We’re using a heavily modified child theme on our site and love it.

Green Earth also has a ton of shortcodes and is responsive if you’re into the halfscreen-style slider. It also has a built in page creator that offers a lot of customization. Keep in mind, you’ll want to have some HTML experience to take full advantage of that theme.

You’ll probably won’t find the perfect theme that fits all of your needs. So consider being flexible with your wish list. Otherwise, you’re looking at a site that’s custom built on both back and front ends to accomplish your goals for the website. Hope that helps!

2459 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+3 more
digitalimpact says

Also check out the demo for Pinpoint, it has what you describe and it also comes with Revolution Slider included.

Also, the last paragraph from the previous answer is very good advice. :)

2 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
kakix says

Thanks for the reply halfstring and digitalimpact!

I checked all themes out and they are great!

Halfstring – I LOVE your website. Sooo neat! Thanks for sharing it!

by
by
by
by
by
by