1 post
  • 3 Years of Membership
  • Collector Level 1
rmaggs1
says

Hi, I purchased the Ovid theme a while back and recently updated Wordpress to 3.4.2. In doing so it appears that there is a conflict with the new version & the homepage sliders. It’s functioning but the images are not loading. I deactivated all the plugins and that did not do the trick. Could someone please take a look, I would greatly appreciate it.

www.atlanticpowercleaning.com

Thank you!

3535 posts
  • Power Elite Author
  • Author Level 12
  • Trendsetter
  • United States
+13 more
sevenspark
says

Hi rmaggs1,

This is a general ThemeForest forum. For support, it’s best to contact the author, as only they are very familiar with their theme.

However, I took a quick look and see that:

1. The theme is not installed in the proper directory

themes/Ovid-v1-2/ovid/

It should just be themes/ovid – looks like you installed the entire download package rather than just the theme itself. That could cause trouble.

2. It looks like your timthumb permissions might not be set up properly. Your image source:

http://www.atlanticpowercleaning.com/wp-content/themes/Ovid-v1-2/ovid/timthumb.php?src=http://www.atlanticpowercleaning.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/P10002871.jpg&h=447&w=960&zc=1

is not resolving to the image.

Hope that helps! :)

2 posts
  • 3 Years of Membership
  • Collector Level 1
condekoma
says

Hello,

We have had OVID running on our site for a few years now, and I recently updated to 4.3.

When in Menu editor or Media Featured image I encounter problems with the interface not functioning properly.

As an example when I am in the Appearance>Menus editor, it will no longer allow me to drag and drop pages. The only way around it is to Manage in Customizer.

Also While in the Slides editor, when editing a slide to add the featured image, I cannot remove featured image, and when I create a new draft to select a fresh featured image, upon clicking Set Featured Image, the entire WP dark grey user interface disappears and the only way to go back is to hit the back button on the page and then hit refresh to be able to publish the slide.

2 posts
  • 3 Years of Membership
  • Collector Level 1
condekoma
says

Hello,

We have had OVID running on our site for a few years now, and I recently updated to 4.3.

When in Menu editor or Media Featured image I encounter problems with the interface not functioning properly.

As an example when I am in the Appearance>Menus editor, it will no longer allow me to drag and drop pages. The only way around it is to Manage in Customizer.

Also While in the Slides editor, when editing a slide to add the featured image, I cannot remove featured image, and when I create a new draft to select a fresh featured image, upon clicking Set Featured Image, the entire WP dark grey user interface disappears and the only way to go back is to hit the back button on the page and then hit refresh to be able to publish the slide.

I just read your response to the other post, I will try to contact the author.

by
by
by
by
by
by