1429 posts
    Has referred 200+ members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
kailoon Envato team says

Since we have the new cross marketplaces links in the menu. Do you think we should extend it a little bit, provide a package purchase?

Idea:
1. I create a themes, I purchase a regular license for a plugin, a few photos and maybe a nice logo from CodeCanyon and GraphicRiver, or maybe an audio from AudioJungle.

2. I implement all these into my theme. It get approved but all these elements are not included within my theme.

3. Buyers have an option to purchase all of them as a complete package. The money will then split into each authors automatically. and each item get 1 purchase.

What do you think? Good for buyers? Or, this will only benefits authors?

PS: Just my personal idea/thought, this has nothing to do with Envato planning.

166 posts
    Power Elite Author: Sold more than $1M on Envato Market Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+4 more
stmcan says

I think it’s an excellent idea! Especially combining with PhoneDune items would be so useful!

365 posts
    Has referred 200+ members Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+7 more
OrangeIdea says

Excellent idea! I already want this feature :)

2057 posts
    Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Located in United States
Landonw says

Excellent idea and I’m all for it, however we’re all aware it’ll get stuck in the pipeline and never happen.

Honestly, with a feature like that I’d be forced to start buying again.

328 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Has referred 1+ members Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
CLINE123 says

I would love a package bundle. Of course I expect a ‘package price’ that goes with such a deal. Depending on its attractiveness I may opt to buy even to keep the items for use later on and not necessarily with the theme it’s bundled with.

922 posts
    Has referred 500+ members Has sold $1M+ on Envato Market and is now a Power Elite Author Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 500+ items on Envato Market
+13 more
MDNW says

I personally think this could be an interesting idea… It’d open up the option of using CodeCanyon plugins in my themes for instance without needing to worry about licensing or updates. I’m not sure if I’d include photos, audio, video or anything like that – but ThemeForest templates + CodeCanyon plugins and scripts seem like a no-brainer if the pricing model is right (ie: the price of the package is dropped by 25%, but theme authors still get a cut).

That said, I’m just honestly not sure how many people would use this – I’d love to hear from some other theme and plugin authors. Right now I use only open-source stuff in my themes because I don’t want the hassle of premium licensing – if there was an easy way to up-sell another author’s plugin with my themes though, that’d be pretty cool!

1429 posts
    Has referred 200+ members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
kailoon Envato team says

bump.

266 posts
    Has referred 200+ members Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
Vasterad says

I would say that’s not perfect idea. Let’s posit that ThemeForest’s author released WordPress theme with optional a CodeCanyon’s script. Customer want help with using the script and he contact with theme author. Template author refer him to the script author. The script author doesn’t reply to customer, then buyer gives poor rate for template, because he doesn’t get enough support.

586 posts It's just life. Just live it.
    Has referred 100+ members Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market Joined an Envato Football competition
+8 more
Themes-Dojo says

That would be a great idea but not new :D I used to have packages on ActiveDen composed from 3 or 5 items from the same type, like 5 galleries or 5 templates.

I wanted to submit a package like this on TF but it was rejected.

1429 posts
+12 more
kailoon Envato team says

I would say that’s not perfect idea. Let’s posit that ThemeForest’s author released WordPress theme with optional a CodeCanyon’s script. Customer want help with using the script and he contact with theme author. Template author refer him to the script author. The script author doesn’t reply to customer, then buyer gives poor rate for template, because he doesn’t get enough support.
Actually, the idea is that when you purchase that ‘package’, you are purchasing all the items included. Which mean you are the purchaser of that item as well. So, you can get support ( which is not mandatory ) from the author. So customer can rate that item ( eg: plugin ) separately.
by
by
by
by
by
by