1435 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
kailoon Envato team says

That would be a great idea but not new :D I used to have packages on ActiveDen composed from 3 or 5 items from the same type, like 5 galleries or 5 templates. I wanted to submit a package like this on TF but it was rejected.
I am not sure I understand the ‘packages’ you are talking about. Mind to explain?
367 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+5 more
PixelStores says

I like the concept :) for example an author combines a wordpress plugin and a graphicriver item in a theme that sells for $50, wouldn’t TF lose money if a package has lots of additional items combined?

• Theme $50
  • Plugin $15
  • Graphicriver $5
If i understand correctly envato would pay for the additional items in the package?

Maybe a price increase for the package?

1435 posts
+12 more
kailoon Envato team says

My initial idea is to have a package with normal price, for example:

• Theme $45
  • Plugins $15
  • Photos $10

So, buyers pay the total of $70 for that package, but still, they can just go for the theme only price and get what the pay for.

The motive is to encourage the cross sites sales and helping authors to implement some of the awesome files into their item to boost the creativity and, it actually works like a collaboration, indirectly :)

271 posts
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
Vasterad says

I would say that’s not perfect idea. Let’s posit that ThemeForest’s author released WordPress theme with optional a CodeCanyon’s script. Customer want help with using the script and he contact with theme author. Template author refer him to the script author. The script author doesn’t reply to customer, then buyer gives poor rate for template, because he doesn’t get enough support.
Actually, the idea is that when you purchase that ‘package’, you are purchasing all the items included. Which mean you are the purchaser of that item as well. So, you can get support ( which is not mandatory ) from the author. So customer can rate that item ( eg: plugin ) separately.

Yes, customer can rate item separately, but he was disappointed when he doesn’t get enough support and he gave poor rate for plugin and theme author. :)

1435 posts
+12 more
kailoon Envato team says

I would say that’s not perfect idea. Let’s posit that ThemeForest’s author released WordPress theme with optional a CodeCanyon’s script. Customer want help with using the script and he contact with theme author. Template author refer him to the script author. The script author doesn’t reply to customer, then buyer gives poor rate for template, because he doesn’t get enough support.
Actually, the idea is that when you purchase that ‘package’, you are purchasing all the items included. Which mean you are the purchaser of that item as well. So, you can get support ( which is not mandatory ) from the author. So customer can rate that item ( eg: plugin ) separately.
Yes, customer can rate item separately, but he was disappointed when he doesn’t get enough support and he gave poor rate for plugin and theme author. :)
Sure buyers will be disappointed when they don’t get support. Thats usual, no? I don’t get your point here…
73 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
MihaiMarcuta says

Sure buyers will be disappointed when they don’t get support. Thats usual, no? I don’t get your point here…

What he means is that what if the plugin author does not offer support, in this case the buyer goes to the theme creator and asks him for support. Why would the template creator offer support for an item which does not belong to him, so the buyer gets angry and smashes the rating with 1 star. Happy end.

271 posts
+5 more
Vasterad says

What he means is that what if the plugin author does not offer support, in this case the buyer goes to the theme creator and asks him for support. Why would the template creator offer support for an item which does not belong to him, so the buyer gets angry and smashes the rating with 1 star. Happy end.

Exactly.

1435 posts
+12 more
kailoon Envato team says

@Bluntaxe Thanks for the explanation :)

@Vasterad I think there should be a simple documentation in the download where buyer will be directed to the item page to ask question/get support. Problem solved? :)

271 posts
+5 more
Vasterad says

I suppose that would be OK. :)

220 posts The Joomla Guy
  • Power Elite Author: Sold more than $1M on Envato Market
  • Won a competition
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market