5 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • United Kingdom
QuantumConcepts says

I also had the same issue as this awhile back while i was working on a theme i dunno maybe its a wordpress bug or something, make sure you go to Settings<Reading and change this “Blog pages show at most” make sure its the same number as with your post per page in your wordpress query.

query_posts( ‘posts_per_page=10’ );

Hope this helps.

Hi Theme-Titans,

Thanks for your suggestion. Both of my values are set to 8 so unfortunately this didn’t help.

51 posts Jegtheme
  • Elite Author
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Indonesia
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
jegtheme says

btw where is 404 page appear? on custom post or default blog post?

if you mean on default blog post you can try this : 1. on setting > reading > Posts page, don’t check anything. 2. setting > permalink, change it to post name. or try change until you get the right result.

167 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
Decneo says

the paginate is appear but the link is link to page 404!!! :(

also it’s default blog post.

Best regards, Decneo

167 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
Decneo says

btw where is 404 page appear? on custom post or default blog post? if you mean on default blog post you can try this : 1. on setting > reading > Posts page, don’t check anything. 2. setting > permalink, change it to post name. or try change until you get the right result.

I will try this then will let you know.

thanks, Decneo

60 posts Talk less do more!
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Indonesia
Rifki says

get 404 page? you create new page template that will override blog in reading section?

Hi Jegtheme,

I’m also experiencing this issue on my portfolio page. When I select page 2 of the pagination, I get the 404 error page. Thanks very much for posting a solution to this issue but I don’t fully understand what you mean.

If you don’t mind, would you please post step by step instructions?

Thanks in advance.

I guess that you’re using the slug that same with the parent page slug, if you’re using “portfolio” for the custom post type slug you shouldn’t using “portfolio” for the Portfolio page, try with “portfolios”.

Rifki

5 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • United Kingdom
QuantumConcepts says

I guess that you’re using the slug that same with the parent page slug, if you’re using “portfolio” for the custom post type slug you shouldn’t using “portfolio” for the Portfolio page, try with “portfolios”.

Rifki

Thank you so much! You were absolutely right. Basically, WordPress won’t allow you to have a page and a custom post type of the same name. I had a page called portfolio, which is also the name of the custom post type. I changed the page name to “Our Portfolio” and now the pagination works.

by
by
by
by
by
by