131 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Portugal
edumicro says

Hey,

My name is Eduardo, and I’m a Web Designer from Portugal. I design since September 2007 and I have some well developed skills when it comes to designing websites, mainly WordPress Themes. http://edumicro.deviantart.com or http://dribbble.com/eduardo

At the moment I have some ongoing projects that I would like to code and make available on ThemeForest for sale. I only know how to code (html/css) but my skills don’t equal my design ones. So…

My proposal, as the title says is about something that I think that might be a great deal for any developer out there. ;)

So, the idea is this:

- I create a design (.psd) that I want to be coded and converted into a WordPress Theme, which in the end will be available for sale here on ThemeForest. I sell this theme on my profile.

- As a payment to the developer, I can design for him/her for example 2 custom and exclusive multi-page WordPress Themes. Of couse that the amount of designs can be discussed. You (developer) sell the 2 themes in your profile. :)

I hope that you understood the idea, and I’m hearing suggestions from developers here on ThemeForest that might be interested in this partnership.

Thanks, Eduardo

78 posts
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Romania
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
adiacone says

You forgot to mention one thing: who will handle all the support and bug fixing? I imagine the developer, right? ;)

Very nice, clean designs! There are times when I would rather handle just the coding, so drop me a message from my profile or from my website and maybe we can work something out. At least you’ll have my email and we could get in touch for other projects.

84 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
nathrat says

So from what this sounds like to me, the developer will design your awesome design so that you can sell it on themeforest, and as payment to the developer you are going to give them 2 designs to code all for themeselves.

I imagine these 2 designs you give as payment are pretty much going to be crap, otherwise I don’t know why you would give 2 awesome designs away.

This deal seems odd to me is all.

356 posts
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Beta Tester
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
FutureSight says

So from what this sounds like to me, the developer will design your awesome design so that you can sell it on themeforest, and as payment to the developer you are going to give them 2 designs to code all for themeselves.

I imagine these 2 designs you give as payment are pretty much going to be crap, otherwise I don’t know why you would give 2 awesome designs away.

This deal seems odd to me is all.

It looks like he is pretty much desperate thats why he is going to give away 2x web design.

I’ve seen his pages and all of his designs are single pages. Multipurpose PSD layout which can be sold on TF need fully design website isn’t it?

Everyone can design awesome single page in something like 20-30+ hours but each page or additional options like different front page styles etc.. take a lot of extra time.

131 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Portugal
edumicro says

@nathrat,

First, the developer would just code the design and the wordpress integration. I design the entire layout. ;)

Also I think the deal is pretty fair, you don’t seem to know how much time a QUALITY design can take to make. It isn’t a single page design, it can go to 8 different pages or even more, each one with different modules, and I can assure you that I ALWAYS deliver to my clients TOP NOTCH quality in my designs.

From what you’re saying it is what you would do? Delivering crap? I don’t work that way! :)

@others, as soon as possible, I’ll reply to all your emails and questions.

Thanks, Eduardo

356 posts
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Beta Tester
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
FutureSight says

@nathrat,

First, the developer would just code the design and the wordpress integration. I design the entire layout. ;)

Also I think the deal is pretty fair, you don’t seem to know how much time a QUALITY design can take to make. It isn’t a single page design, it can go to 8 different pages or even more, each one with different modules, and I can assure you that I ALWAYS deliver to my clients TOP NOTCH quality in my designs.

From what you’re saying it is what you would do? Delivering crap? I don’t work that way! :)

@others, as soon as possible, I’ll reply to all your emails and questions.

Thanks, Eduardo

You can see here from time to time people reading or interpreting words a bit difirent way.

In that case you’ve probably clarify fair bit of doubts :)

I like your design, and some of them are great!

Boys are confused why you want to give a way 2 such top notch designs coz we all know how much hard work it takes to create something for TF level.

I think everyone should come down a little bit, coz this should be very pleasant topic where artist is looking for coding partner.

nothing more, nothing less.

BTW if you are going to to give full PSD layout x2 than this is pretty much awesome deal :D

131 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Portugal
edumicro says

@FutureSight, the developer says exactly what kind of design he wants me to design. I won’t deliver just a .psd of my choice, he gives me the guidelines of what he wants me to design for him, and I’ll do it. :D And yes, they’re going to be full PSD layouts. :)

I can design from Minimal stuff to sleek and well detailed themes.

As I said, I’m just trying to get in ThemeForest. I think that in this place there are a lot of people that understimate the design side of a WordPress Theme and I want to change that. (don’t take me wrong, there are a lot of great designs in this place ;) ) I know that a great theme MUST have a great backend and frontend development, but it also requires a great design. ;)

EDIT About “why I would deliver 2 awesome top notch designs”, the answer is simple: The developer DESERVES it, developing a theme takes time, and it is hard, and that’s the way I can pay their works.

Also “2” is just a number, it can be less or more. ;)

78 posts
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Romania
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
adiacone says

Actually “TF level” is going down the drain as we speak, if you ask me…

In my opinion Eduardo’s work is at least 3 classes above most of the design I’ve seen around here, so I honestly hope he finds a developer to bring his creations to life.

Unless we bring some more creative designs to ThemeForest and try to make it a competitive marketplace, the clones will overrun us! :)

84 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
nathrat says

@nathrat,

you don’t seem to know how much time a QUALITY design can take to make.

And how exactly have you deduced that from my post? You’ve completely missed the point of my first post. If anything, I’m valuing design more than you.

Why would a designer give away 2 designs as payment for the coding of one design, unless the designs being given as payment are of lesser quality.

Let’s just say the theme he develops for you sells 50 times at $30 and you make 50%. You’ll make $750.

If you give away two designs to that coder that are of equally high quality as you say, he will code them up and put them on here. Let’s say they are exactly as good and sell the same amount. He just made $1500.

You paid him $1500 to make you $750.

The only way this deal makes sense for YOU , is if the designs you’re giving away are not as good and take up little of your time. So either you’re going to be getting a bad deal, or your developer is, but I wouldn’t call the deal “fair”. Somebody is going to get the short end of the stick.

And that is why I called the arrangement “odd”. :)

Good luck though.

131 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Portugal
edumicro says

@nathrat, no problem. i respect your opinion. :) But there is also the other side of the coin. ;) Why the developer would make a great code and intergration from my theme if he can makes a better one for his 2 other themes. ;) And if so, getting “advantage” on the sales?

I see this simply as an exchange of services, nothing more. I need a developer, and a developer might need a web designer.

My commitment as the designer and for the client (developer) is to deliver quality designs, and the developer to deliver to me theequivalent in the development side. Simple as that.

However, if you guys have BETTER suggestions for me, on a way of working differently than what I’m suggesting here, let’s hear what you have to say! :)

by
by
by
by
by
by