• Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
+1 more
elisent says

Hello guys !

Since I’ve seen that this is common practice here on TF and many authors work together on projects, we though we’d give it a go. Here’s the situation, we developed a really cool custom CMS for website templates and judging by it’s success on the Flash templates we sell over at AD and the feedback we got on our recently released HTML templates with CMS here on TF we think there will be really good demand for these types of files, provided we release enough of them with differently themed designs. We will constantly update and improve the CMS as well as add features like fully fledged e-commerce capability. However at this point we are a bit struggling on man-power as far as design and html/css coding is concerned so we though we’d see if any of you guys would be interested in participating and sharing the profits.

What we basically need is fully designed and html/css coded templates that we can integrate in our custom CMS . We have the capability to integrate 2-4 templates a week depending on the complexity, however we’re only looking for really great designs that would attract customers and (preferably) have already proven themselves with good sales so far. We also preffer more complex templates with multiple sections, the more complex the better. Jquery, Mootools and any other js animations are surely welcome. The answer for us is variety so that we can give customers what they are looking for.

The resulting templates will be sold for ~$30-$40 depending on complexity (and what TF think they should be priced at) therefore we are willing to give you between 35-50% of the earnings made by the template, depending on the quality and complexity of your design (this will be discussed independently for each template and we will come to an agreement before moving forward). Our account is currently at 54% commission and growing and we’ll do our best to increase this percentage by releasing other files, even exclusive flash on this account so that it can grow. We will also do the marketing on third party sites for these templates as well as take care of pretty much everything else. All you need to do is send us the html template and psd designs + help for the html template and we’ll handle all the rest.

The CMS templates produced in collaboration will of course be exclusive on TF and we have checked with the staff and they are okay with these types of partnerships, even encourage them, so all is well.

Basically if they are successful (and they will be) you will be making some nice $ without lifting a finger, if they are not you have nothing to lose, you won’t do any extra work on this, we will.

As some of you might know, we’re on top of the monthly sales chart on ActiveDen by quite a large margin and have been for a while. Now that we’re going to take html templates seriously, one would assume we’re planning to do the same here on TF. It’s not going to be easy and it will take a lot of time and work, but we’re relentless and always achieve our goals, so if there ever was a good time to join us … it is right now.

If you’re interested and have a great portfolio, please contact us via PM or contact my associate Emanuel (who handles this part of the business) at emanuel [at] oxylus.ro directly.

All the best, Octav

PS : We are considering doing the same with WP themes, however our production capabilities for WP are much lower at the moment, but it’s worth mentioning. That means that if you’re okay with it and don’t create WP themes, we could also do a WP version if the template is really good and in demand.

1417 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Senior Reviewer
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
+10 more
kailoon Reviewer says

Nice idea :) I hope you can get some really good designers.

You custom CMS looks great, but the design is not very promising though which reflected the sales.

118 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Elite Author
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
elisent says

Those designs are indeed probably not what the buyers are looking for and have been released quite a while ago, we just used them because they were already available to us and for some sites they would be a good enough fit. We know our CMS is very appreciated by customers, both own own and the buyers that purchase our flash templates, so the relatively slow sales must be down to the front-end.

This is mainly why we’re looking for great designers, this way we hope to provide buyers with a great solution, both technically and visually :)

1417 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Senior Reviewer
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
+10 more
kailoon Reviewer says

Ya, I understand :) all the best! :)

537 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Bought between 500 and 999 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Netherlands
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+2 more
Hein says

I’m interested, just one question before sending out a email.

Will PSD design only do, or is the html/css required?

118 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
elisent says

html/css only for now, however we’re considering forming partnerships with designers that don’t code and creating the html/css code ourselves. This is though only a plan at the moment and we haven’t figured out a fair way to split the proceeds on this yet (since from a single great psd design we could do a html version, cms version and possibly a wp version). If any designers that only create .psd files are intrested, you guys can contact us and discuss options.

Cheers !

562 posts You Reap What You Saw
  • Elite Author
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
Bluz says
118 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
elisent says

@Bluz Your templates looks good , drop me a mail at emanuel@oxylus.ro to talk about integrating them.

562 posts You Reap What You Saw
  • Elite Author
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
Bluz says
@Bluz Your templates looks good , drop me a mail at emanuel@oxylus.ro to talk about integrating them.

Email send, Can I also give you templates that already available at themeforest or will this cause me to lose my exclusivity as an author?

118 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
elisent says
Email send, Can I also give you templates that already available at themeforest or will this cause me to lose my exclusivity as an author?

Hello, you will not lose any kind of exclusivity or run into any kind of problem, we’ve already discussed this with TF and there is no problem using existing html templates that are on sale on TF. We would not sell the templates anywhere else, so your template would still be TF exclusive, just that buyers will be able to buy a html version as well as a CMS version :)

We are actually looking for existing templates that have already proven themselves in sales.

Cheers !

by
by
by
by
by
by