9 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United States
Themefyre says

I’m considering making a small “ad campaign” for the theme I’m currently working on to hopefully boost sales, and I’m curious about what other authors have experienced when paying for their own advertising for their themes where the advertisements link directly to the Themeforest product page. Does it work? Is it worth the investment? How many purchases actually result from clicks?

580 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
jayc says

@Themefyre nobody is gonna talk about this :)

1730 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+5 more
SamBerson says

I’ve used both BSA and Google AdWords and neither have brought in enough sales to make it worthwhile :(

367 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Europe
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
pixelgrade says

Yep +1. The amount of traffic ThemeForest generates for you simply dwarfs anything you would gain from payed advertising. At least this is my experience. I don’t know what would happen if you are willing to invest thousands of dollars on it. That may be a different ball game.

I would just stick to producing high quality, innovative products and let ThemeForest do it’s work.

9 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • United States
Themefyre says

@SamBerson Thanks for the response, I was definitely skeptical about it kind of figured that would be the case, good luck with future endeavors though!

@pixelgrade That makes perfect sense, the best way to advertise your product is to let it speak for itself I suppose, thank you for the response.

75 posts Vibe
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
VibeThemes says

+ 1 , we also did a small experiment with Google Adsense, mainly search related ads and the outcome was not as expected. I wonder if bigger advertising budgets make any difference.

1090 posts The Last Man Standing
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Beta Tester
ImanGM says

Hey,

ThemeForest has a very large audience itself and your items will sell good without advertising. By the way, I do advertise my new items on Google and some other sites because any new clients are welcome here :)

This way even if the new clients do not purchase your items, we are bringing more clients to ThemeForest and this will help the community anyway :)

If you want to make more money from your ads, just put your referral ID on your advertisements and this way you’ll earn even if the new clients purchase other items than yours.

Cheers,
Iman

by
by
by
by
by
by