13 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
Themefyre says

I’m considering making a small “ad campaign” for the theme I’m currently working on to hopefully boost sales, and I’m curious about what other authors have experienced when paying for their own advertising for their themes where the advertisements link directly to the Themeforest product page. Does it work? Is it worth the investment? How many purchases actually result from clicks?

603 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
+5 more
jayc says

@Themefyre nobody is gonna talk about this :)

1847 posts
  • Provided great feedback to improve the user experience on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
+13 more
SamBerson says

I’ve used both BSA and Google AdWords and neither have brought in enough sales to make it worthwhile :(

382 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+6 more
pixelgrade says

Yep +1. The amount of traffic ThemeForest generates for you simply dwarfs anything you would gain from payed advertising. At least this is my experience. I don’t know what would happen if you are willing to invest thousands of dollars on it. That may be a different ball game.

I would just stick to producing high quality, innovative products and let ThemeForest do it’s work.

13 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+1 more
Themefyre says

@SamBerson Thanks for the response, I was definitely skeptical about it kind of figured that would be the case, good luck with future endeavors though!

@pixelgrade That makes perfect sense, the best way to advertise your product is to let it speak for itself I suppose, thank you for the response.

80 posts Vibe
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
+2 more
VibeThemes says

+ 1 , we also did a small experiment with Google Adsense, mainly search related ads and the outcome was not as expected. I wonder if bigger advertising budgets make any difference.

1359 posts The Last Man Standing
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+8 more
ImanGM says

Hey,

ThemeForest has a very large audience itself and your items will sell good without advertising. By the way, I do advertise my new items on Google and some other sites because any new clients are welcome here :)

This way even if the new clients do not purchase your items, we are bringing more clients to ThemeForest and this will help the community anyway :)

If you want to make more money from your ads, just put your referral ID on your advertisements and this way you’ll earn even if the new clients purchase other items than yours.

Cheers,
Iman

by
by
by
by
by
by