7 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Norway
Doozerman says

Hi!

I want to sell my templates on themeforest, but the problem is, that i don’t know how to pay taxes in Norway when you are a freelancer, and don’t know exactly how much money you will earn. I tried to find the answer on google, but there’s not much information about freelancers.

Hope there are some norwegians(or not :) ) that will help me.

1141 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
KarmaThemes says

Hi, not from Normway (Skøl!) but I’m sure you’ll have some kind of chamber of commerce or interest grouping for self-employed people. Or simply google for it. Sure you have to pay taxes and it doesn’t differ much from any other self-employed activity.

How much you earn depends on how much effort you put in + how talented you are – no one will be able to tell you that. But take a look at the top 500 authors here, I’m sure they earn a decent living from themeforest sales.

7 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Located in Norway
Doozerman says

Well, i think you misunderstood me. :P The second part of your post didn’t help me, but the first did, at some point. Anyway, thanks.

3577 posts Ruben Bristian
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+10 more
KrownThemes says

On your second half .. this is exactly like in any other business where you offer a service! You have no idea how much money you will earn. If you are an employee you have a fixed salary. But if you are offering a service no matter what it is, you can’t know how much money you’ll earn, but you may estimate and pay your taxes after that estimation, or after your real income..i have no idea! You need to talk with a lawyer in your country about all this stuff.

1877 posts YOU TOUCH IT YOU BUY IT
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+6 more
FRESHFACE says
https://www.nordisketax.net/main.asp?url=files/nor/eng/i07.asp&c=nor&l=eng&m=02

I am not from Norway nor speaking Norwegian but I was able to read this: You will have to pay 7.8% National insurance contribution, Surtax 9-12% (if your gross income exceeds level1 NOK 490 ,000 or level2 NOK 796 ,400), and the basic 28.0% tax.

http://no.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skatt_i_Norge#Direkte_skatter

I would suggest you to visit your local finance or tradesman bureaus, or you can pay for an hour of a professional tax counselor and set up a meeting where you will get all the information you need.

Either way there are plenty of basic info on Google, for more detailed information you need to talk face to face :) I would also suggest you read the actual work and tax law as many people can be wrong about things and it’s best to know the laws a little so you can navigate yourself through the vast amount of information and bureaucratic nonsense.

by
by
by
by
by
by