6 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • United States
calven says

Anyone else a little annoyed at the current payment options? I need to deposit exactly $25.00 for the theme I want, yet on the payment options page you can either deposit $20 or $30 ($10 increments). This is extremely annoying to me – since TF.net states any unused funds will expire after one year…

Point being I’m not just going to deposit $30, use $25 of it and “donate” $5.00 to TF.net

I apologize if I am missing something – but it seems like I’m (we are) getting nickle and dimed on this one. Again please point it out if I am overlooking something.

cal :(

1912 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Envato Staff
  • Support Staff
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Canada
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
+3 more
TPN Staff says

Hey Cal,

You’re not alone. This is why the developers are coming up with something new. Please have a read of the following new feature which will be implemented real soon:

Cyan ( Marketplace Manager ):

5) New features coming up. So as I said above, we get a fair few complaints from buyers that they have to deposit set amounts of funds. That’s completely understandable – who wants to deposit money they might not even use? While we feel you will always be able to find awesome files on one of our sites to spend your remaining balance, we also want to ensure those buyers who only want to buy one file have a quick and easy way to do so. We’re working on this now, and it’s just one of many steps we’re taking to make the sites much more buyer friendly. And more buyer friendly equals more sales.

6 posts
  • United States
calven says

Well can you refund the 5$ in my account now – since I just bought a 25$ theme and have no way to spend it?

2016 posts Review Manager
  • Envato Staff
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Australia
  • Beta Tester
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
+7 more
jremick Staff says

You can contact support and make a request to do that. I’m not sure if they’ll “refund” it to you since it’s still your money, not Envato’s. You purchased one item so maybe just leave it in there for a little while in case you find something else you want to buy.

In case you’re not aware, there are several great marketplaces. You can see the list at http://envato.com on the left. Your money and account works across all marketplaces. :-)

6 posts
  • United States
calven says

I don’t really want a refund – Based on management response and dedication to the forum and honest answers I’m fine with it. I just want to get a point across and bring it to everyone attention… and it seems like it worked so I’ll drop the subject for now. :)

2529 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Blog Editor
  • Envato Staff
  • Exclusive Author
+8 more
JeffreyWay Moderator says

Similar setups have been implemented across most online marketplaces like ThemeForest. Having said that, we always want to make our users happy. We’re currently in the process of researching a more buyer-friendly option. As soon as I have more information from management, I’ll let you guys know!

1 post
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
bsteenb says

Yes payment options are a pain here.. neither the Deposit nor PayPal work in Firefox or Chrome.. Had to dust off IE to try and then it worked. Not to mention the times i had to login, and look for my theme again. And don’t get me started on the Captcha..

2 posts
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
broodrooster says

I cannot see that there has been a solution implemented in the past three years. I just signed up wanting to buy a 45$ theme but have to deposit 50$ and leave the remaining 5$??

Please point me in the correct direction if I am missing something here.

Thanks.

Hey Cal,

You’re not alone. This is why the developers are coming up with something new. Please have a read of the following new feature which will be implemented real soon:

5) New features coming up. So as I said above, we get a fair few complaints from buyers that they have to deposit set amounts of funds. That’s completely understandable – who wants to deposit money they might not even use? While we feel you will always be able to find awesome files on one of our sites to spend your remaining balance, we also want to ensure those buyers who only want to buy one file have a quick and easy way to do so. We’re working on this now, and it’s just one of many steps we’re taking to make the sites much more buyer friendly. And more buyer friendly equals more sales.
2541 posts
  • United States
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Contributed a Blog Post
+4 more
CreatingDrew says

I cannot see that there has been a solution implemented in the past three years. I just signed up wanting to buy a 45$ theme but have to deposit 50$ and leave the remaining 5$??

Thanks.

Hey Cal,

Howdy!

Yes, we have a feature called “Buy Now” that you may use to buy and item without making a deposit. Please note that items bought with pre-paid credits are $2 cheaper than items purchased via “Buy Now”.

You can select whichever option works best for you after clicking the purchase button. :)

More details – http://support.envato.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/217/54/how-do-i-pay-for-items-on-the-marketplaces

2 posts
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
broodrooster says

Hi there, thanks and I managed to find what you were talking about. I bought a theme from Peerapong about 17 days ago. Having unacceptable troubles with it, posted a ticket on support site, ticket was deleted (??) posted questions here http://themeforest.net/item/chamber-for-business-corporate-software-company/discussion/198249

after a while finally got a reply: go to support site. Did it AGAIN now just checked back and once again my tickets were deleted?? What the hell is going on?

I have been trying for 16 days now to get some support here but I received nothing.

I would like a refund as I do not wish to struggle any longer,..I can’t have my website looking like a mess any longer. Please advise me how to get a refund as somebody at theme forest is not taking responsibility or owning ‘the call’

Thank you.

Thanks.

Hey Cal,

Howdy!

Yes, we have a feature called “Buy Now” that you may use to buy and item without making a deposit. Please note that items bought with pre-paid credits are $2 cheaper than items purchased via “Buy Now”.

You can select whichever option works best for you after clicking the purchase button. :)

More details – http://support.envato.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/217/54/how-do-i-pay-for-items-on-the-marketplaces
by
by
by
by
by
by