21 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United Kingdom
horizonq8 says

I don’t have mujch love for Paypal myself, sadly, in most parts of the world, it’s the only easy to setup payment system that’s widely accepted everywhere – both for individuals and merchants. When I looked at other options in UK for instance, the amount of bureaucracy and personal information required to setup an account with some providers is beyond ridiculous. As long as that doesn’t change, Paypal will be the preferred, even if not liked, payment provider. On a sight note, you do not need an account to make a payment via Paypal – you can just use them for individual payments as you would any other gateway, so not really sure why it’s such a big issue?

And lastly, when dealing with any sort of ecommerce – Paypal, for clients, means security. I will not shop on an unknown site if it doesn’t have a Paypal payment option. They handle charge backs in an efficient way and you can be sure, no one will vanish with your money without fulfilling their business promise.

Oh almost forgot, unlike many payment gateways, all transactions are instant – you pay, you got it. There isn’t even a minute of a downtime, and for many people – time is money.

I agree with OP’s sentiments, and it’s great to take a stand, unfortunately, not so easy when alternatives, even if ethically better business, are behind in functionality and ease of use. US has a fair choice of payment providers that I’d be happy using, it’s not the case in EU or the rest of the world and noone in their right mind, would limit themselves to one country only. Even Amazon doesn’t offer virtual services payments outside US – I wanted to use them as my primary gateway but it’s not possible.

1 post
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in South Africa
webup says

Yes please add credit card payments at least. I’m surprised for such a big company you don’t have the most widely accepted payment options, Visa and Mastercard (without having to go through PayPal).

21 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United Kingdom
horizonq8 says

Yes please add credit card payments at least. I’m surprised for such a big company you don’t have the most widely accepted payment options, Visa and Mastercard (without having to go through PayPal).

You can use visa without a PP account, just click the right button on checkout lol….no need to register with them.

60 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
voodoodesigns says

I just created an account to purchase a theme and I’m severely disappointed in the payment options here.

PayPal, which I and many other people refuse to use for a plethora of reasons, and Moneybookers, which is more or less a PayPal clone. Neither of which are run by a legitimate financial institution and are prone to freeze accounts on a whim.

If you want to use detached, third party payment solutions like this instead of a proper, integrated and direct payment system at least include Serve, which is run by an actual financial institution on their back end.

I’m not sure if I’ll be making a purchase here or not with such limited payment handlers.

Could not agree more.

1 post
troyerz1 says

Just opened an account to purchase a theme myself and I was dead disappointed at the payment options: Paypal? Never!! And the stories out on Skrill suggest that they are no different.

Envato please take a leaf from the page of giants like Godaddy, and stop forcing buyers to conform to the likes of Paypal and Co.

Not me anyway.

by
by
by
by
by
by