302 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+5 more
alkis says

I got a notification on my PayPal Overview Page that I need to provide additional information because I’ve almost reached the limit of money I can withdraw from PayPal in a year.

I now have to even upload a National ID scanned document, a proof of address document, etc.

In the options where I had to say if I’m a business or a consumer, I put consumer.

Has anyone had this situation before with PayPal as an author? Did you list yourself as an individual consumer, or as a business? Is all this additional information request normal and happens to all authors?

Thanks in advance.

202 posts
  • Located in Jersey
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+6 more
liambradbury says

I’ve had that before, but I registered as a business. I think you just have to confirm all your details. I had a bit of a problem with my account because I confirmed everything with them and I still had the limit on my account so I contacted paypal and asked them to check my account and tell me what I needed to do and they got back to me saying everything was fine and lifted the limit.

302 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+5 more
alkis says

I’ve had that before, but I registered as a business. I think you just have to confirm all your details. I had a bit of a problem with my account because I confirmed everything with them and I still had the limit on my account so I contacted paypal and asked them to check my account and tell me what I needed to do and they got back to me saying everything was fine and lifted the limit.

Didn’t you have to upgrade your paypal account to premium/business after selecting business?

Thanks.

by
by
by
by
by
by