378 posts
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Joined an Envato Football competition
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
motionvids says

Fortunately February was a good month in earnings for me but now PayPal has decided to make 95% of my balance unavailable because of it. After the deposit was made by Envato yesterday, PayPal sort of froze my account. I’ve contacted PayPal but haven’t received a reply yet.

I’m currently reading horror stories about this issue with “bigger deposits than usual” and people having to wait 6 months to gain access to their balance again. It seems that when you suddenly receive bigger amounts then normal PayPal is allowed to freeze your balance?

The thing is that I can’t wait 6 months for being able to withdraw any earnings from my PayPal account, because you know.. bills!

Has anyone experienced this before and do you perhaps know a quick way to resolve this?

1242 posts The Last Man Standing
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+7 more
ImanGM says

Hey,

Is your account a verified account? You should link it to your bank account and give them some more details about yourself then they will remove the limit.

Hope your problem will be fixed very soon.

Cheers,
Iman

378 posts
+3 more
motionvids says

Hey,

Is your account a verified account? You should link it to your bank account and give them some more details about yourself then they will remove the limit.

Hope your problem will be fixed very soon.

Cheers,
Iman

My account has been verified for at least 4 years (if not more). I’ve been receiving Envato Payments since December 2012 and frequently receive payments through my freelancing company as well. It’s a very active PayPal account and suddenly after all these years they decide to freeze it.

Thanks for your reply though :)

1444 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Pack
+3 more
WebSmacker says

So sorry to hear that. Unfortunately, this is something that PayPal does and it sucks for us honest people. It should not take them 6 months to verify that it is legitimate, I think that is a cop out so they can keep your money longer… just my opinion…

Contact PayPal support by phone if you can. Good luck man

356 posts
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has referred 100+ members
+4 more
Protest says

PayPal froze my account two years ago for safety measures against money laundering. So what I did was sent them a document from my bank that says I’m the actual owner of that bank account and im legit.

It’s important that if they gave you any instructions – to follow them.
Also follow them on twitter and send them a DM – @AskPayPal or just tweet

378 posts
+3 more
motionvids says

Thanks guys! The thing is that they didn’t gave me any instructions, they just made a huge chunk (almost all) of my balance unavailable. All transactions are marked as completed. There are no transactions pending so I have no clue as to what they are doing.

I will certainly try and contact them through Twitter and if that doesn’t help I will have to call them.

I will keep you updated in this thread until I have full access to my balance again.

351 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Pulled off some great moustache to raise money or awareness for Movember Australia
+2 more
Gewora says

As i said in many other threads, this is a standard PayPal thing. They freeze your money on order wo work with it (they get much interest). Of course they tell you a story why they have to freeze ist (e.g. security checks)

You won’t get it back before the 6 months have been reached (sometimes not even then). I would really recommend you to stay away from that scam company.

Just search at YouTube, you will find many stuff about that. They even do it with companies who have thounds of dollars in their account.

You should go ahead and refund the money back to Envato (you can still do that, even if the balance is frozen) and get in touch with Envato, in order to get they money by another way (SWIFT recommended).

2180 posts aspire to create - create to inspire
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
+8 more
Creattive says

Gewora is totally right, Paypal does this on purpose to gain interest with the frozen money. as soon as you have a big amount, they say: hey look here, money, let’s take it.

I don’t know if you can refund the envato payment like Gewora said, if yes, that might be a chance to get your money earlier than in 6 months.

Paypal is, ever was, and will ever be a scam company that is stealing money. Stay away from it whenever you can. Anyone who is saying they don’t have any problems with them has just had luck until now, but this can happen everyday.

Paypal legal terms are against a lot of laws in at least Europe, but they are so big that the government doesn’t want to care. They can at any time freeze your account without any given reason for 6 months and you can do nothing about it.

Best thing to do: never use paypal again. period.

261 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
+1 more
themeflame says

Awesome replies from everyone – “Never use PayPal again.”, that’s very useful indeed, I definitely agree, the world doesn’t even use PayPal, I mean, have you seen any shops that use it?

Seriously, most replies on this forum are on that same level of amazing.

motionvids – You’re never getting them back, unless…keep reading. They’ll tell you after 6 months “Hey, actually you have to link to your bank account/credit card (Or if you’re verified, provide details) or you can donate all this money to some charities.”. PayPal is like the mafia – they never freeze your account before you get some payments, only after they happen. Is it right? Well, from a mafia point of view, sure. It also has some logical backing, but that’s another discussion.

Here’s what I did to get mine unfrozen – I tweeded them. I tweeded them a lot! And they answered. I explained them what truly happened, provided all the details and so on. It took about 5-6 hours. Why tweet? Because you’re never getting a response from their support. It’s non-existent via PayPal.com, don’t even try.

They’ll ask of you for: A picture of some bills, a picture of your credit card (You can cover the first 8 numbers of your credit card number.), perhaps the Identity Card with some info erased. If you provide them these, in theory – the limit shall be lifted.

Also, try to keep a smiley face – they’re being tweeted a lot, so they might be slow.

All the best.

2180 posts aspire to create - create to inspire
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
+8 more
Creattive says

have you ever did a google search for “paypal scam” themeflame? I highly doubt it.

But it’s nice that you got your money back after sending them some formulars. Not everyone is that lucky.

by
by
by
by
by
by