4386 posts Community Mod Building awesome stuff for your mobile devices!
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+14 more
Enabled Moderator says

Hey guys, I’m sure someone here has encountered a customer that has done this

Hello,

We were recently notified that a payment you received was reversed by the buyer’s bank.

As a result, we have reversed the following transaction: Transaction date: Dec. 15, 2009 Transaction amount: * Buyer’s email: * Buyer’s name: * Your transaction ID: *

PayPal is committed to maintaining a safe environment for our buyers and sellers. You can help protect yourself against claims and reversals by following the guidelines of our .

Thanks,

I used *** to protect that data. What have you done in this case, and what is there to do to get my money back? Basically this user is using my work for free, and I have paid his money back by force… What’s wrong with PayPal? Are they crazy?

Please give me some advice. I contacted the client and told him in a polite manner, that this is infringing my authoring rights, what now?

One more thing. What is the deadline to pay a minus you have in your account, because the money he sent is already cash… and I have a minus the sum on my balance.

364 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
chrisfay says

I had this happen with a $3000 powerbook I sold a few years ago – take em to small claims court and sue if possible, otherwise your SOL …this is why I don’t sell on ebay/craigslist through paypal anymore. It’s just too easy for buyers to screw you with chargebacks these days.

Hope it works out for you…

833 posts
  • Power Elite Author: Sold more than $1M on Envato Market
  • Won a competition
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has sold $1M+ on Envato Market and is now a Power Elite Author
+8 more
wpbakery says

I think the best way is to go to the paypal resolution center and provide to them your email conversation with the client, where it can be seen that client is satisfied and etc.

You should also highlight that payment was for the services not a shippable product.

In few words, you should prove to paypal that you actually have done all the job and you deserve that payment.

+14 more
Enabled Moderator says

Yes, I did that, here is what they told me …

I have reviewed your account and it shows that these funds were being investigated as PayPal was unsure of their legitimacy and we were worried that they were potentially fraudulent.

On completion of the investigation, it was determined that the most suitable action was to return the funds to their original source. We are aware that in doing so you have lost these funds however in this instance PayPal has a legal obligation to do so. We are unable to provide you with the specific information surrounding these funds as to do so would be a serious breach of the Data Protection Act and PayPal would be liable for prosecution. However we hope that you will understand that we have our customer’s best interests in mind.

This is like a ” Well f* you we dont care… I mean I clearly stated FREELANCE SERVICES , and told them I have a paid e-mail account that I will provide screenshots and whatever they need.

4140 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Brazil
+3 more
tsafi says
Yes, I did that, here is what they told me …

I have reviewed your account and it shows that these funds were being investigated as PayPal was unsure of their legitimacy and we were worried that they were potentially fraudulent.

On completion of the investigation, it was determined that the most suitable action was to return the funds to their original source. We are aware that in doing so you have lost these funds however in this instance PayPal has a legal obligation to do so. We are unable to provide you with the specific information surrounding these funds as to do so would be a serious breach of the Data Protection Act and PayPal would be liable for prosecution. However we hope that you will understand that we have our customer’s best interests in mind.

This is like a ” Well f* you we dont care… I mean I clearly stated FREELANCE SERVICES , and told them I have a paid e-mail account that I will provide screenshots and whatever they need.
You want to tell me this was FREELANCE SERVICES not selling a solid product but something like flash App ? Did the money come to PayPal via bank transfer?
4335 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+10 more
Reaper-Media says

:o S * * t man you’ve been skrewed!!!

I have no other advice except to keep complaining to paypal until you get your money back :)

+14 more
Enabled Moderator says

It doesn’t say that… It’s just a payment received from, no details on how the payment was made whatsoever …

755 posts
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
+5 more
skyplugins says

I stopped using paypal long time ago. Anything can happen to your money, your account can be blocked, they can cut any amount of fees without asking you. They just work like a cyber mafia. I wish it was a google service.

364 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
chrisfay says

Like I said – at this point you’ll probably have to pursue legal action yourself. Depending on your location, the buyers location, and the amount lost, it may not be worth your time…

4140 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Brazil
+3 more
tsafi says
It doesn’t say that… It’s just a payment received from, no details on how the payment was made whatsoever …

That’s very strange i am assuming this was a freelance job if so:

The only way they can take your money is if the cash was via credit card or bank transfer, in the future strict your account to PayPal to PayPal only don’t except large amount from credit card or bank transfer since the clime will go into the client favored at first, and if you are a small business with no lawyer or a counter you are in a higher risk, also if it’s a freelance job state there is no money back return on any of your work after you got payment ,for large amount payment on line use deference payment method like payoneer.com over there, the transaction money is always in to your favorite if you don’t sell solid product.

Look like your money will be a hard thing to return sorry bro `

And listing to Lydian on what he say about Paypal..

by
by
by
by
by
by