• Exclusive Author
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Envato Staff
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Australia
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
nozza Staff says

I saw that reply – it told me to wait till you guys heard from PayPal. I`ve been waiting since. In the meanwhile, I heard from PayPal, and forwarded that email to you guys – did you get my forward? Thanks a lot for your quick reply – this is my first purchase with themeforest and I grew worried :(

Been waiting more than 12 hours for this to clear. Plz help. Support ticket: #AQJ-570-81877. PayPal has emailed me the confirmation and the transaction number. :p
Update: Jami responded to your ticket several hours ago. Check your spam folder if you haven’t seen the reply. Thanks.

Hi, I’ve checked your ticket and have replied.

42 posts
  • Support Staff
  • Exclusive Author
  • Envato Staff
  • Australia
nozza Staff says

Now 16 hours – should we just file chargebacks?

Hi, we’re still waiting for PayPal to confirm payments made. If you file a chargeback you’re account will automatically be disabled until that chargeback is resolved. That may take longer than waiting for PayPal to rectify the transaction issues.

26 posts
  • Canada
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
wwesn says

might as well just post the cookie cutter ticket reply here:

Again, thank you for your patience while we work through this.

We are happy to report that PayPal transactions are now working. Payments are being processed normally and items are being delivered .

Currently we are working to identify all users that were affected by this issue (between 17:00 and 19:00 AEDT) and then plan to complete the transactions i.e. process the payments and deliver the items. We do not have a timeframe for this fix yet. We will advise once we know.

If you have made multiple purchases of the same item during the affected window and require a refund, we will advise on the next steps.

If you made a purchase during the affected time period and you did not get your item, you can either:

a) wait until we have identified all affected users so we can complete your transaction and deliver your item.

b) purchase the item again and we will resolve any duplicate transactions once we have identified all that occurred. If you are going to purchase the item again now, please email us to let us know.

Thanks again.

4 posts
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
iamjohnblue says

Your Company might want to consider that almost nobody would sit around and write emails and post on forums in order to obtain a relatively inexpensive product, and that although security is an issue, customer service is absolutely more important.

it might also want to consider that even though paypal may have dropped the ball in this instance, it is your company who chooses to use paypal as a processor, and therefore under the umrela of your responsibility.

i recieved this in an email, with my ticket number.

"We do not have a timeframe for this fix yet. We will advise once we know."

anyways,

I bought a wordpress theme from you, its name is “lolly”

if you could go ahead and shoot it over into my account so i can download it and get to work on the project that i am sopposed to be wrking on today, that would be great.

26 posts
  • Canada
wwesn says
I bought a wordpress theme from you, its name is “lolly” if you could go ahead and shoot it over into my account so i can download it and get to work on the project that i am sopposed to be wrking on today, that would be great.

lol don’t hold your breath. I gave them the paypal transaction numbers at 3am (ET) it is now 7:30pm (ET)

42 posts
  • Support Staff
  • Exclusive Author
  • Envato Staff
  • Australia
nozza Staff says

Hey Guys,

I understand how frustrating this situation is. Unfortunately as PayPal has not confirmed the payments made by users, there is no way that we can manually verify funds or purchases, even with transaction IDs as PayPal has not sent the transaction details to Envato.

If you are in need of an item immediately, we advise that you:

purchase the item again and we will resolve any duplicate transactions once we have identified all that occurred. If you are going to purchase the item again now, please email us to let us know.

8 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
GraphicFaction says

Hey Guys,

I understand how frustrating this situation is. Unfortunately as PayPal has not confirmed the payments made by users, there is no way that we can manually verify funds or purchases, even with transaction IDs as PayPal has not sent the transaction details to Envato.

If you are in need of an item immediately, we advise that you:

purchase the item again and we will resolve any duplicate transactions once we have identified all that occurred. If you are going to purchase the item again now, please email us to let us know.

I understand that Envato staff is working to correct this, and that it may have been out of their control, but it seems wrong that those who paid for items/deposits should have to pay again (regardless of future reimbursement) because PayPal and ultimately Envato are having technical difficulties.

4 posts
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
iamjohnblue says

that was fast =)

I love you.

Envato Rules!

26 posts
  • Canada
wwesn says

Hey Guys, I understand how frustrating this situation is. Unfortunately as PayPal has not confirmed the payments made by users, there is no way that we can manually verify funds or purchases, even with transaction IDs as PayPal has not sent the transaction details to Envato.

Ok sorry. I was just going by what paypal says

‘As a temporary workaround, Merchants should be able to retrieve the missing transaction details by making a TransactionSearch API call for the impacted timeframe or checking the Account History directly.’

and that all my client payments show in my paypal account regardless if they were processed through the cart.

42 posts
  • Support Staff
  • Exclusive Author
  • Envato Staff
  • Australia
nozza Staff says

I understand that Envato staff is working to correct this, and that it may have been out of their control, but it seems wrong that those who paid for items/deposits should have to pay again (regardless of future reimbursement) because PayPal and ultimately Envato are having technical difficulties.

I agree that to have to re-purchase an item/deposits is not the best solution to this issue. Currently though, this is the only solution that we have available to users to be able to access the items that they require. Our dev team are trying to isolate the users that have been affected so that they can run a script to allocate and match the respective purchases. This is taking some time as we have to work with PayPal to try and figure out which transactions were correctly declined and which transactions were not correctly reflected into the users’ downloads/spendings.

by
by
by
by
by
by