90 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
RobertHoisan says

Hey!

Until now i had two identical problems with paypal. Client sends me a payment and after a while, a few months in the first case and about a week in the second one, i receive a notification in witch i read that the payment has been reversed by the sender’s bank.

Both clients are US residents. How is it possible to receive money after doing some work and after a while paypal simply takes the amount back? Is it something related to credit cards, some kind of issue sometimes occurs with US banks?

Did anyone of you had the same issue with paypal? And what if the client will not answer back the email i send afterwords? He can simply take the money back? Or his bank? Just like that?

Need some light on this one please.

Thanks!

1613 posts I create things I wish existed
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Won a competition
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
cyzer says

I think you have met some serious abusers. This sounds to me like a way to fake the money transfer or make it and then take it back…

Strange. Never heard of this kind of issue. It even lacks of logic, because as soon as the sending of money is made the money is not yet transfered but reserved by the adressed bank and I have never heard that money would come back to sender without the receivers agreement.

Serious stuff.

cloud9communication
cloud9communication Recent Posts Threads Started
597 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in India
+3 more
cloud9communication says

Hey!

Until now i had two identical problems with paypal. Client sends me a payment and after a while, a few months in the first case and about a week in the second one, i receive a notification in witch i read that the payment has been reversed by the sender’s bank.

Both clients are US residents. How is it possible to receive money after doing some work and after a while paypal simply takes the amount back? Is it something related to credit cards, some kind of issue sometimes occurs with US banks?

Did anyone of you had the same issue with paypal? And what if the client will not answer back the email i send afterwords? He can simply take the money back? Or his bank? Just like that?

Need some light on this one please.

Thanks!

whenever you receive payment from a new client you have to log-in to your paypal account and accept that payment in some particular time.

90 posts
+2 more
RobertHoisan says

I did not say i haven’t resolved the issues. The clients were ok and resend the payment to me. But they also did not know why payments are sometimes reversed by some banks in US. Just trying to find out if anyone had this kind of problem because it’s really strange that a person can send you a payment and take it back whenever he wants to…or his bank, without your approval.

And by the way, if you don’t have that money in your paypal account by the time refund is taking place, paypal will pay back the sender anyway and your account will be on minus. Then you own paypal that amount of money because they are somehow obliged to pay the sender’s bank even if you have zero bucks on your account…Sad but true, I’ve experienced it myself. But I’m pretty sure I’m not the only one…

265 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+3 more
SubsonicDesign says

You are not the only one in this kind of situation. The problem with Paypal is that it’s not officially a bank so it can do many things with YOUR money and sometimes you can only watch the money disappear (fore example they don’t need to follow federal banking regulations in the USA ). They can limit your account without noticing you and for virtually any reason and it’s legal.

And about the chargebacks… They just happen very often because of the way Paypal works. Let’s say that you sell your design services to someone and when you recieve the payment you send the client the product he/she ordered. You might think that the transaction is finished and you have the money, the end! The problem is that the client can file a chargeback and say that you didn’t provide what you promised and BUFF your money is gone. It won’t be an easy task to get your money back and if your paypal account is negative you’re going to have hard times dealing with Paypal because they want the money.

I’m just telling what I’ve read because I haven’t got any issues with Paypal yet (I don’t use it very much). I think that you should check out paypalwarning.com (or something like that) or just google paypal problems, paypal scam, paypal chargeback problem etc. When I recieve any money on my paypal account I immediately take it to my personal bank account where they will be relatively safe.

I hope that this helps a bit :)

90 posts
+2 more
RobertHoisan says

You are not the only one in this kind of situation. The problem with Paypal is that it’s not officially a bank so it can do many things with YOUR money and sometimes you can only watch the money disappear (fore example they don’t need to follow federal banking regulations in the USA ). They can limit your account without noticing you and for virtually any reason and it’s legal.

And about the chargebacks… They just happen very often because of the way Paypal works. Let’s say that you sell your design services to someone and when you recieve the payment you send the client the product he/she ordered. You might think that the transaction is finished and you have the money, the end! The problem is that the client can file a chargeback and say that you didn’t provide what you promised and BUFF your money is gone. It won’t be an easy task to get your money back and if your paypal account is negative you’re going to have hard times dealing with Paypal because they want the money.

I’m just telling what I’ve read because I haven’t got any issues with Paypal yet (I don’t use it very much). I think that you should check out paypalwarning.com (or something like that) or just google paypal problems, paypal scam, paypal chargeback problem etc. When I recieve any money on my paypal account I immediately take it to my personal bank account where they will be relatively safe.

I hope that this helps a bit :)

Thanks, I’ll do that. I myself don’t use it so much but a couple of times paypal did the trick on me and it seemed really strange. I was lucky so far, the clients were OK and reversed the payment back to me but i wonder if they didn’t…there weren’t many thing left i could do… I’ll try to stay away from this payment service as much as i can but sometimes clients are using it and what can we do? :)

265 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+3 more
SubsonicDesign says

Thanks, I’ll do that. I myself don’t use it so much but a couple of times paypal did the trick on me and it seemed really strange. I was lucky so far, the clients were OK and reversed the payment back to me but i wonder if they didn’t…there weren’t many thing left i could do… I’ll try to stay away from this payment service as much as i can but sometimes clients are using it and what can we do? :)

Yeah it’s problematic because almost everyone uses paypal. We just have to be careful and choose our clients wisely (luckily you did that) :)

by
by
by
by
by
by