4668 posts Love & Light
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
digitalscience says

I lose quite a bit because I use moneybookers – the money goes from US dollars (FlashDen) to Euros (Moneybookers) to Rands (my bank) so the money get’s exchanged 3 times. And because exchange rates are up and down at the moment you could lose a fair amount in the transfer. I think next month I’ll try a direct transfer from FlashDen.

oh and with moneybookers they also ask you to verify your place of residence. They posted me a letter which had a confirmation code which I had to verify on their website to prove that I live at that address. It’s just a standard security measure so don’t worry about it. It also increases your transfer limit so it’s a good thing to do.

2485 posts Premium Scripts, Plugins and Themes
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+6 more
LucidStudios says
oh and with moneybookers they also ask you to verify your place of residence. They posted me a letter which had a confirmation code which I had to verify on their website to prove that I live at that address. It’s just a standard security measure so don’t worry about it. It also increases your transfer limit so it’s a good thing to do.

I think that is an optional step and verifying your home address also increases your limit.

2671 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
Chuckanucka says

I moved from moneybookers to paypal because their exchange rates are crazy, its a shame because paypal needs some healthy competition.

why we have to have any third party taking a cut of our earnings is beyond me (not a fault of FD, but the internet in general).

+6 more
LucidStudios says
I moved from moneybookers to paypal because their exchange rates are crazy, its a shame because paypal needs some healthy competition. why we have to have any third party taking a cut of our earnings is beyond me (not a fault of FD, but the internet in general).

but without the help of those third parties you cannot receive payments or use bank wire method :)

2309 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
+5 more
theflyingtinman says

It’s not just just Paypal .. It’s any account you may have with a bank that is not based in the country where you live. I live in the US but maintain a bank account in South Africa with one of South Africa’s big national banks. A couple of years ago I had my account frozen for awhile until I could provide proof of identity and offshore address. (very much the same documentation as Paypal are requesting from you) It is a measure designed to reduce money laundering and terrorist funding.

1552 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
dSKY says

what about payoneer.com ?

+6 more
LucidStudios says
what about payoneer.com ?

I have got a payoneer card and I must admit that it solved all my online payment problems :)

I use payoneer card only for making payments like hosting etc.

by
by
by
by
by
by