951 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+3 more
Daan says

Hello there!

I am looking for a sort of application/utility that is similar to billings for the mac (just plain time trackings and creating invoices), but then for PC.

I’m sure whether these are available, but if so, please tell me :)

Thanks in Advance, Daan.

2324 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+6 more
CreativeMilk says

A useful app that i use for invoices is Express Invoice (http://www.nchsoftware.com/software/business.html#1)

They have more useful app, i think also a time tracker ;)

greetz

2023 posts Review Manager
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
jremick Envato team says

You might look into Freshbooks. It’s a web hosted service so you won’t need to worry about cross platform compatibility issues or anything like that. It can do time tracking, invoicing, expenses, estimates, reports, etc. It has a ton of features but it’s really easy to use and you can just use the features you need. They also have a free version or paid versions if you need more out of it.

Freshbooks is the service I use and it’s been great. Much better than any desktop app I’ve used.

922 posts
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $1M+ on Envato Market and is now a Power Elite Author
  • Has collected 500+ items on Envato Market
+13 more
MDNW says

I’ve been using Freshbooks for years, best thing that’s out there :)

2324 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+6 more
CreativeMilk says

Freshbooks is a real nice program but the free account is … well a free account ;)

364 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+4 more
chrisfay says

I was actually just evaluating freshbooks today, but was a bit hesitant of the pricing scheme – sounds pretty steep to jump to almost $100 a year to get more than 500 clients. I have quite a few single transactions/clients and like to keep invoice records for each – I’m assuming you have to create a new client for each correct?

Is this an issue at all?

I use vTiger currently and it works great, except it doesn’t provide automated invoice/billing which is something I really want for my hosted customers.

364 posts
+4 more
chrisfay says
...to almost $100 a year…

Obviously meant $100 per month…

2023 posts Review Manager
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
jremick Envato team says
Freshbooks is a real nice program but the free account is … well a free account ;)

lol, yup. I use the $14/m option and it works fine for me.

I’m assuming you have to create a new client for each correct?

Yeah, that is a bit of a downside but Freshbooks actually does have options to alleviate this. Since you’re probably a one man show, you won’t need extra staff and those sort of options. You’ll just need the extra clients which you can get cheaper than upgrading the whole plan you’re on.

You have to sign up for an account first, then you can customize your “plan”. For an extra $30/m you can get 750 extra clients. From the $14/m plan that would put me at 775 total clients at $44/m. Or 1k extra clients for $40/m extra, etc. You can increase each feature you need like auto-bills, staff and document sharing space.

That might still be a little expensive if you’re paying that just to keep your past client’s contact info. or something. You can always create a client and once a client hasn’t been active for a certain period of time, just delete the client account (which won’t delete the invoices, just the client account login). If the client becomes active again in the future you can just restore the client’s “deleted” account. Basically a “client” is just an individual login account. Does that make sense?

364 posts
+4 more
chrisfay says

Gotcha – well that makes sense then. I could definitely see it as viable alternative to vTiger for my needs if invoices and history are kept after deleting a client. Thanks for the info…

951 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+3 more
Daan says

Oh thanks a lot guys, I think I’ll test freshbooks for a while :)

by
by
by
by
by
by