225 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
mihaimcm says

I have problems when playing simple online games ,the game just moves in frames and I have a loot of lag not in just online game ,I tryed other games that werent online and steel a lot of lag.. I just bought this new graphic card and it worked fine for some months then I had to change windows and after that all went bad… This is the graphic card: http://www.emag.ro/placa-video-gigabyte-nvidia-geforce-gt430-1024mb-gddr3-128bit-dvi-i-hdmi-pci-e-n430oc-1gl/pd/EH537BBBM/

And here are my pc components: \\ Motherboard: http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3261#ov

I tried installing all the software that was needed I tried even the one from nvidia but steel the same thing ,updated the mother board install program too but no result.

Online when browsing the net all goes well and fine,its just when I play games that all goes wrong,even at low resolution settings the games steel don’t work. Could it be from the RAM ? ,they are old and I didn’t see any brown spots but I don’t have any ideas anymore. If you have the same graphic card or encountered the same problem,or just have a tip I could try please tell me. Thx.

793 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+4 more
petrenj says

Did you try to reinstall graphic card drivers?

kristopherfisheraudio
kristopherfisheraudio Recent Posts Threads Started
506 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+2 more
kristopherfisheraudio says

I only really know in depth about hardware config when it comes to the X79 2011 socket systems (i7 etc)

Do a quick check and make sure you fans on your graphics card are working. If there not that will be why you are getting such bad performance.

Is the card seated properly on the motherboard?

Update your graphics drivers, and chipset drivers. Also see if there is a BIOS update.

Remove any old drivers you do not need. I must admit while this is usually what people say I think it will most likely be a bad driver thats making your CPU hang.

Download LatencyMon. Let this program run for a few minutes and you will soon see if there is a driver or some other issue introducing latency or hangups on your system.

Hope that helps!

106 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+3 more
KurtBilisim says

Which games are you playing? On Windows XP, I had similar issues with games that use OpenGL only (no DirectX support in the game).

1421 posts
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Pack
+3 more
WebSmacker says

You can also try to run windows updates and choose optional updates. Most of the time it will grab the video drivers that your computer needs.

1739 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
gbs says

Some suggestions for you :)

- Check for background apps running, and their RAM/CPU usages. Close them before starting your game.

- Update your VGA driver

- Update your system DirectX

- Try to use lower graphic setting in game. Lower quality but it would run more smoothly.

- What games are you playing? Because this VGA and 2GB RAM is not a good specs for the latest gaming. You should consider adding more RAM, upgrading the VGA and move up to Windows 7 (at least).

Hope it helps :)

1002 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
+5 more
mudi says

Change OS windows XP is way old now.

3007 posts
  • Has sold $1+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
TNL3542 says

Change OS windows XP is way old now.

yeah i do know about slow old computers.. my mother in law.. has a dell desktop shes had it since 2005 and it has windows xp.. it takes about 30 minutes for anything to load on it

by
by
by
by
by
by