I have problems when playing simple online games ,the game just moves in frames and I have a loot of lag not in just online game ,I tryed other games that werent online and steel a lot of lag.. I just bought this new graphic card and it worked fine for some months then I had to change windows and after that all went bad… This is the graphic card: http://www.emag.ro/placa-video-gigabyte-nvidia-geforce-gt430-1024mb-gddr3-128bit-dvi-i-hdmi-pci-e-n430oc-1gl/pd/EH537BBBM/
And here are my pc components: Motherboard: http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3261#ov
I tried installing all the software that was needed I tried even the one from nvidia but steel the same thing ,updated the mother board install program too but no result.
Online when browsing the net all goes well and fine,its just when I play games that all goes wrong,even at low resolution settings the games steel don’t work. Could it be from the RAM ? ,they are old and I didn’t see any brown spots but I don’t have any ideas anymore. If you have the same graphic card or encountered the same problem,or just have a tip I could try please tell me. Thx.
Did you try to reinstall graphic card drivers?
I only really know in depth about hardware config when it comes to the X79 2011 socket systems (i7 etc)
Do a quick check and make sure you fans on your graphics card are working. If there not that will be why you are getting such bad performance.
Is the card seated properly on the motherboard?
Update your graphics drivers, and chipset drivers. Also see if there is a BIOS update.
Remove any old drivers you do not need. I must admit while this is usually what people say I think it will most likely be a bad driver thats making your CPU hang.
Download LatencyMon. Let this program run for a few minutes and you will soon see if there is a driver or some other issue introducing latency or hangups on your system.
Hope that helps!
Which games are you playing? On Windows XP, I had similar issues with games that use OpenGL only (no DirectX support in the game).
You can also try to run windows updates and choose optional updates. Most of the time it will grab the video drivers that your computer needs.
Some suggestions for you
- Check for background apps running, and their RAM/CPU usages. Close them before starting your game.
- Update your VGA driver
- Update your system DirectX
- Try to use lower graphic setting in game. Lower quality but it would run more smoothly.
- What games are you playing? Because this VGA and 2GB RAM is not a good specs for the latest gaming. You should consider adding more RAM, upgrading the VGA and move up to Windows 7 (at least).
Hope it helps
- Please read our community guidelines. Self promotion and discussion of piracy is not allowed.
- Open a support ticket if you would like specific help with your account, deposits or purchases.
- Item Support by authors is optional and may vary. Please see the Support tab on each item page.
Most of all, enjoy your time here. Thank you for being a valued Envato community member.