6 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Malta
joeborg says

Hi, Would anyone know if Photodune is considering (or would consider) allowing exclusivity on a per photo basis? As it stand, I gather eclusivity is decided on up-front (i.e. per author/for the whole portfolio). This is probably not attractive to most especially if some photos were/are on another site joined prior to photodune (as is my case). That said, I’d consider exclusivity on some of my new photos and hence would like to be able to make this decision on a more granular (per photo) basis…

Just some food for thought :-)

Joe

442 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
studio_21 says

Hi, Would anyone know if Photodune is considering (or would consider) allowing exclusivity on a per photo basis? As it stand, I gather eclusivity is decided on up-front (i.e. per author/for the whole portfolio). This is probably not attractive to most especially if some photos were/are on another site joined prior to photodune (as is my case). That said, I’d consider exclusivity on some of my new photos and hence would like to be able to make this decision on a more granular (per photo) basis…

Just some food for thought :-)

Joe

Very good point. Maybe they will have that option in the future.

5 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United Kingdom
terrykent says

Yes, excellent question, exclusivity choice per photo would be great. Lets have it Envato guys!

373 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Located in United States
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Joined us in one of our Envato Live Events
+12 more
JoshuaSprague Envato team says

Hi guys! This is an excellent question to which I have a possible solution in hand. At this point, we do not have the option to choose individual photos for exclusive sale but may add this feature in the future as I know this has been requested in the past and we truly do consider community suggestions as valuable :)

Now, as a work-around you could simply create a new PhotoDune user account that you could use to manage only photos you plan to sell exclusively. I do know there are members here doing exactly this and it appears to be a viable option.

I do realize that it is less than ideal however as you will need to keep track of 2 separate accounts but for those who see the value I believe the good out way the bad in this case.

Hope this helps! – Josh

by
by
by
by
by
by