353 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
+3 more
PurpleFogSound says

Hello y’all,

I was bummed out this morning to learn that my item had been rejected. It was a latin percussion based track. The reason for this rejection: “Sorry, these types of sounds (only percussions) are no longer accepted.”

I had read the “files we don’t need” page but didn’t think the “basic drum/percussion loops” applied in this case. My track was not a basic loop. It featured various percussions and had many variations. In good faith I thought I was in the clear, and went ahead and uploaded it.

After patiently waiting for 12 days, I got the rejection notice. However I checked the percussions category and found brand new percussion-only tracks. So, I’m a bit confused. Were those not supposed to be validated but slipped the reviewer’s attention? Or was my first interpretation of the rule right indeed? (In which case, should I resubmit?)

As I want to avoid wasting the reviewer’s and my own time in the future, could you guys give me your input on this?

Thanks! :)

147 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
JasonGraham says

Hmmm, that’s unfortunate. Yeah, it seems like according to the documentation, they specifically say basic percussion loops are not needed. So it seems like if the percussion track is sufficiently complex, then it should be good. And you’re right, there are percussion only tracks in the percussion category. What else would there be in there? :)

Do you have a way you can share the watermarked track (like on SoundCloud), so we can listen to it?

353 posts
+3 more
PurpleFogSound says

Hi Jason,

Thank you for the reply. You can listen to my track here.

And you’re right, there are percussion only tracks in the percussion category. What else would there be in there? :)

Of course ;) What I meant is that the category is still being fed with new material.

Thank you !

147 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
JasonGraham says

Sounds great to me! Who knows why that wouldn’t be approved. That’s a very exciting track with a good deal of complexity and variation. It obviously isn’t just a basic Apple Loop or similar. Maybe you can log a support call to ask them why, or contact the reviewer?

Yeah, sorry, I wasn’t criticizing you with that comment. I was suggesting that if AudioJungle has a percussion category, why wouldn’t they allow percussion only tracks.

353 posts
+3 more
PurpleFogSound says

Thank you for having taken the time to listen to it and for your feedback. I guess I will contact support then. I didn’t want to do it before getting someone else’s opinion.

I appreciate the help Jason, have a good one!

by
by
by
by
by
by