254 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
PabloFierro says

Hello, I’ve seen a vast amount of themes being accepted these days, isn’t this bad for sales ? I mean most of the themes are gone from the front page in about 2-3 days.

I’d like to get an opinion from the staff folks to see if they’ve got a solution on the way or just to check their opinion.

I think we all deserve a chance to sell here at the marketplace but how can so many themes sell well if they are not given a decent exposure time ?

What are your thoughts on this ?

124 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Belarus
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
Themico says

I think if a sales stats is growing from day to day, why not accept more items? More buyers, more sales, more themes.

1141 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
KarmaThemes says

The more people see what you can achieve here, the more will give their best to get their designs online. The bar is rising, and will continue to do so. I think the reviewers do a great job in deciding what deserves to be sold here – and that’s more and more in terms of quantity AND quality. All new items are great. So where to say NAY ?

If you take a look at the big sellers, you’ll notice they have found their own ways of bringing their own targeted traffic to the marketplace. They begin using themeforest as their online shop/purchase processing tool, it’s no more their only sales channel. And I think that’s the only way to go in an overcrowded marketplace. Bring your own traffic. Don’t rely on the first page exposure.

725 posts
  • Power Elite Author: Sold more than $1M on Envato Market
  • Has sold $1M+ on Envato Market and is now a Power Elite Author
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+5 more
Dream-Theme says

The more people see what you can achieve here, the more will give their best to get their designs online. The bar is rising, and will continue to do so. I think the reviewers do a great job in deciding what deserves to be sold here – and that’s more and more in terms of quantity AND quality. All new items are great. So where to say NAY ?

[edited by mod, language] Take a look at some new PSDs (which WAS “hardest to get into”). At this point I see that reviewing standards gone extremely low. I miss those glorious days when grass was greener, trees were taller and Kailoon and other guys from reviewing team were pushing authors to do their BEST . I’m personally very grateful for that. Nowadays many new authors are making clean-minimal-responsive-as-other-500-themes. That’s quite disappointing :(

725 posts
+5 more
Dream-Theme says

a little clarification. I do not afraid of competition and have nothing against fast rotation of items on the TF homepage. But I want to see worthy competitors and not the 100500+ guys who’s not selling much themselves and “washing out” other authors sales.

1141 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
KarmaThemes says

Take a look at some new PSDs (which WAS “hardest to get into”). At this point I see that reviewing standards gone extremely low. I miss those glorious days when grass was greener, trees were taller and Kailoon and other guys from reviewing team were pushing authors to do their BEST . I’m personally very grateful for that. Nowadays many new authors are making clean-minimal-responsive-as-other-500-themes. That’s quite disappointing :(

Nice guy, you ;)

Reviewers, what do you think? Have your standards fallen off?

725 posts
+5 more
Dream-Theme says

Reviewers, what do you think? Have your standards fallen off?

+1

150 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
designsatnight says

It’d be funny if I’d point out some really wack themes from “elite” authors while a lot better themes get rejected. But I won’t.

It’s clear that successful authors here don’t want newcomers. Understandable.

725 posts
+5 more
Dream-Theme says

It’d be funny if I’d point out some really wack themes from “elite” authors while a lot better themes get rejected. But I won’t.

100% agree. But I was talking about overall standards for all authors (new, old and elite) fallen off.

I don’t know how about others, but IMHO it is not true. Elites have better sales because they already have invested much of their time and money in marketing, development, etc. So sales “washout” is annoying but not critical. It’s always good to see new colleagues making beautiful and unique things. But personally I’m tired of Attack of the Clones by some authors (no meter new, old, elite or any others).

150 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
designsatnight says

100% agree. But I was talking about overall standards for all authors (new, old and elite) fallen off.

I don’t know how about others, but IMHO it is not true. Elites have better sales because they already have invested much of their time and money in marketing, development, etc. So sales “washout” is annoying but not critical. It’s always good to see new colleagues making beautiful and unique things. But personally I’m tired of Attack of the Clones by some authors (no meter new, old, elite or any others).

Elite authors deserve to have better sales they worked hard. But they don’t deserve to get their wack (read: wack) templates accepted while me and others put in serious amount of quality work and basically get sent home with copy-paste reviews.

IMO the problem is not having a higher or lower quality treshold, but to have a real treshold in the first place. TF review process is inconsistent, the treshold is whatever the reviewer feels like at the moment.

ps:anyway congrats for the Crea theme I had a chance to work on one its great.

by
by
by
by
by
by