3007 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+7 more
duotive says

@gljivec and @anariel7 – read all what i said and do not accuse someone for something they do not wish to do. don’t read between the lines. i said over and over and over again that i do not want to point finger, i want to help improve theme quality and the review process.

2206 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+5 more
Nitro_Themes says

Hmm, ok so i read this whole thing and I think that the review team does a phenomenal job. I just wish their reviewing vocabulary would be a bit larger. I have seen templates that are awesome in uniqueness and the whole works but then i see templates that are seriously just plain garbage over used layout and so on. Ok since this thread is still fresh i would like to ask the reviewing team what they consider unique? I try to come up with some unique templates and usually have no problems after a few soft rejects fixing minor flaws that i over look or try to stay away from the design standards because i think it would be more unique, but i guess it still has to comply with some standards. I think TF is still one of the highest quality sites selling templates or files and i think that the quality standard is great at the moment.

I think the front page exposure is pretty fair and honestly as a buyer i do not look at the front page when i buy themes. I look for something unique usually search for it.

Cheers

Lester

9 posts
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Located in Germany
deus62 says

@Envato

Just to push this one to the top again, this is not only an author issue. This is also a customer one. I’m noticing many things criticized by many authors in this thread as well and, perhaps like many others, wouldn’t mind hearing a somewhat conclusive statement by the staff either, however it might be packaged.

2241 posts Digital Artist
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
+11 more
crozer says

Hmm, ok so i read this whole thing and I think that the review team does a phenomenal job.

It isn’t really about the reviewers anymore. Whether they accept or reject a theme is now due to the standardized process they have been imposed by upper staff-members. Something that is really sad to see.

815 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+3 more
rvision_ says

“A market is never saturated with a good product, but it is very quickly saturated with a bad one.”

Henry Ford, Ford Motor Company – Founder

1141 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
KarmaThemes says

Unbelievable – New items go from top to page 2 in 3-5 days now …

and don’t tell me you look at page 2 … stats tell a different story. Like at Google, only a fraction looks at paginated items.

Featured items? OK, but there’s only 1 per week, and we have around 30 new items per week. Competition at its best.

369 posts plop
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
kimonothemes says

Unbelievable – New items go from top to page 2 in 3-5 days now …

and don’t tell me you look at page 2 … stats tell a different story. Like at Google, only a fraction looks at paginated items.

Featured items? OK, but there’s only 1 per week, and we have around 30 new items per week. Competition at its best.

Not really agree with it, but in a good way it force you to do a better item to have an impact on the buyer that will see your item on the first page.

2241 posts Digital Artist
+11 more
crozer says

See, the problem is that this is not only affecting us authors. If that would be the case, I would say “oh okay, Envato made a bad decision and they’re screwing authors up”. The real problem is that Envato is cutting itself deeply – the word that ThemeForest literally sucks now is running like crazy. ThemeForest was synonym of a high-end, high-quality, exclusive marketplace where some even feared to submit their products knowing they would get rejected.

It takes a lot of time and hard work to build a good reputation, but it can be lost overnight.

by
by
by
by
by
by