• Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Elite Author
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
starshade says

Nothing lasts forever. ActiveDen was a fantastic place to make money, many people did and later we all know what happened; for all those who thinks TF will bring them infinite money-time, be ready for surprises. Nothing new, anyway, happens to almost anything on life. Where money is, there always be crowds, once the money ends, crowd will move to other place. More files, even not top notch, means more money to Envato. Nothing wrong with it.

If they did this just for the money, then they just cut the branch under their own feet – selling wordpress themes is still a big cash cow and with themeforest oversaturated and authors pulling away, there is no other Envato marketplace to go to sell them, so they are the ones who are losing most.

3747 posts
  • Won a Competition
  • Elite Author
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Exclusive Author
  • Spain
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
+5 more
pezflash says

ActiveDen has died because Flash is dying or is already dead, IMO

It is already, i can assure you. ;)
What i meant is that quality standards are already high, and many other templates will be releasing daily, no matter the complaints of top authors. This is a crowded marketplace, where authors own marketing (and Envato side support) means the success of a file, and we all have to deal with that. But obviously, i’m not agree with it, my first template lasted like one day on homepage. :(

328 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • United States
CLINE123 says

As a buyer, for me, yes, it is getting to be a bit much. But fear not, I’m getting used to going back a few pages now, just takes more time to decide as a buyer now.
I have to agree. I lick my chops when I see new themes being released quickly but I always go back a few pages regardless, as I shortlist themes for clients. Yes the faster they come the less chance there is of me buying an older one- case in point, I had already shortlisted five themes and picked my fave for my client when WPTitans’ new release came out just as I was about to buy something else. Needless to say I’ll be making that purchase today.
4146 posts Community Mod Building awesome stuff for your mobile devices!
  • Community Moderator
  • Elite Author
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Won a Competition
+9 more
Enabled Volunteer moderator says

The more people see what you can achieve here, the more will give their best to get their designs online. The bar is rising, and will continue to do so. I think the reviewers do a great job in deciding what deserves to be sold here – and that’s more and more in terms of quantity AND quality. All new items are great. So where to say NAY ?
[edited by mod, language] Take a look at some new PSDs (which WAS “hardest to get into”). At this point I see that reviewing standards gone extremely low. I miss those glorious days when grass was greener, trees were taller and Kailoon and other guys from reviewing team were pushing authors to do their BEST . I’m personally very grateful for that. Nowadays many new authors are making clean-minimal-responsive-as-other-500-themes. That’s quite disappointing :(

Please do not curse! :) Thank you! :)

The topic of Flash has been discussed hundreds of thousands of times. Let’s stay on topic, shall we guys? :P

28 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Ireland
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
AurelienD says

I think Collis is about to come and say something.

254 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
PabloFierro says

I think that would help a lot, we all are aware of the issue, many problems here at the marketplace and no solutions at all.

Come on folks, we are giving a large percentage of our income to maintain this marketplace.

3747 posts
  • Won a Competition
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Spain
+5 more
pezflash says

Run!

:)

1426 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Senior Reviewer
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
+10 more
kailoon Reviewer says

@kailoon, got really surprised when you actually admitted that the standards were lowered, why so? I remember there was a thread some good months ago and (please correct me if i’m wrong) Dany Duchaine, DDStudios at that time, with a bunch of authors were complaining about the low quality standards, and then Kailoon said “If you want higher standards, no problem guys :)” and now this is really strange. If these requests to increase the revision standards were asked before, and now, they are lowered, makes me think that there “is something in the pipeline” regarding it…

Yup, I said that before and I personally still believe higher quality can attract quality authors and we will be getting better products eventually. In the end, happy authors meet happy buyers.

However, like others mentioned, this is a marketplace and there are more aspects to be considered.

and, good morning! :)

1141 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
KarmaThemes says

I think that would help a lot, we all are aware of the issue, many problems here at the marketplace and no solutions at all.

Come on folks, we are giving a large percentage of our income to maintain this marketplace.

+1

There’s way too many uncompleted tasks here: - Price increases - Forum improvements (promised for years) - LQ item overflood

What else?

988 posts It's in the pipeline!
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
+2 more
purethemes says

And I wonder why there are recently posts like “OS X Update 10.7.4 Address a Number of Issues, Fixed FileVault Bug” instead of “Community Spotlight – What’s Hot on the Forums?” on The Envato Community Blog ;) Maybe it’s too HOT recently :D:reallyevil:

by
by
by
by
by
by