• Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
+2 more
purethemes says
My 7 reasons:
  1. I would never had a chance for a job in my country that pays so well
  2. I can work anytime I want from anywhere I want – thanks to that I’m moving for 3 months to Kiev, and from the January 2013 somewhere to Asia for 6 months (my SO jobs send her there)
  3. No one tells me what to do
  4. Every day I learn something new
  5. I have a chance to practice my English, I don’t know when was the last time I’ve wrote email in my native language
  6. I have cool badges!
  7. I can complain from time to time in threads like this one! :D

So, no matter what we say here, I guess we all LOVE this place.

648 posts
  • Power Elite Author
  • Power Elite Author: Sold between 1 000 000 - 1 999 999 dollars
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
Dream-Theme says

My 7 reasons:
  2. I can work anytime I want from anywhere I want – thanks to that I’m moving for 3 months to Kiev, and from the January 2013 somewhere to Asia for 6 months (my SO jobs send her there)
  5. I have a chance to practice my English, I don’t know when was the last time I’ve wrote email in my native language
  6. I have cool badges!

Yep. And all this you can loose due to new reviewing policy. Cheers! :reallyevil:

EDIT : just kidding :) no, really!

162 posts
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Europe
anariel7 says

My 7 reasons:
  6. I have cool badges!
+1

Maybe it is not on me to comment, because i am not experienced and elite author like u guys.At the one hand it would be great to see some more different themes and not lot of similar ones and at the other, this is marketplace and such themes are selling best. It is not match between elite and new authors, because at the both sides you can see great and little less great works. It is hard to find some middle, when comes to the market,sales and lot different minds ;).

304 posts
  • Austria
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
squaredWeb says

[...] So, no matter what we say here, I guess we all LOVE this place.

The question though is not if we love this place, im sure we all do, the question that arises more and more these days on the forums is if this place still loves us.

I remember when i joined a year ago it felt like joining a family, envato had a great balance between keeping the authors as well as buyers happy and making money for themselves.

Recently, and judging from the amount of critical threads popping up im not alone with this, it feels like we authors are taken for granted (we are now 16 days over the promised price increase news – i know there was the conference, but not even a comment since then, except the hint at the conference, is just sad and shows how much we are valued currently.), customers are pretty unhappy with the service (the amount of threads complaining about tickets not answered for a week is not a good sign) and the only thing still in balance is the part where envato makes money.

It somewhat feels like the marketplaces outgrew themselves and no steps are taken to keep up with the growth and restore a healthy balance for all three parties involved.

So, because i in fact do love this place, please envato, get your priorities straight and for the love of god improve your communication.

3007 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Elite Author
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
+2 more
duotive says

In the past i was expecting with open heart a new theme so i can see how authors take approach over a new theme and new concepts. Now i do not really care any more because more and more themes are closer a free theme, rather than a premium one. Step up guys, and do not flood with free-like themes.

648 posts
  • Power Elite Author
  • Power Elite Author: Sold between 1 000 000 - 1 999 999 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
Dream-Theme says

In the past i was expecting with open heart a new theme so i can see how authors take approach over a new theme and new concepts. Now i do not really care any more because more and more themes are closer a free theme, rather than a premium one. Step up guys, and do not flood with free-like themes.

The more things I’m posting at this thread – the more fat-troll-like I feel :(

But, +1

990 posts It's in the pipeline!
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
+2 more
purethemes says

I woudn’t say so, they still have way better quality than free themes. The problem is that only couple of authors try new things (like for example my favourite theMOLITOR), and I remember times when every new theme was like “WOW, it’s not a WordPress, it’s witchcraft!”. Now it’s like you say, I just check thumbnails from time to time..

142 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
onioneye says

The question though is not if we love this place, im sure we all do, the question that arises more and more these days on the forums is if this place still loves us.

I remember when i joined a year ago it felt like joining a family, envato had a great balance between keeping the authors as well as buyers happy and making money for themselves.

Recently, and judging from the amount of critical threads popping up im not alone with this, it feels like we authors are taken for granted (we are now 16 days over the promised price increase news – i know there was the conference, but not even a comment since then, except the hint at the conference, is just sad and shows how much we are valued currently.), customers are pretty unhappy with the service (the amount of threads complaining about tickets not answered for a week is not a good sign) and the only thing still in balance is the part where envato makes money.

It somewhat feels like the marketplaces outgrew themselves and no steps are taken to keep up with the growth and restore a healthy balance for all three parties involved.

So, because i in fact do love this place, please envato, get your priorities straight and for the love of god improve your communication.

You read my mind, sir.

3007 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
+2 more
duotive says

Damn some are as ugly as they can be.