57 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
StelianSubotin says

Damn Guys,

Take a look at the most recent template from the PSD category (Cre….) to see how MUCH the quality requirements have fallen. It is actually stolen (elemis points it in that theme’s comments) but actually look at the design! Is that TF i/we are going to see in the upcoming future? That “so-called” “premium psd template” doesn’t even look good to be accepted in the HTML category, not mentioning it was already accepted in the PSD cat.

Even if i’m not an author here, i’m a buyer, and i would like the marketplaces to be as awesome as possible, but really, what i see now is just something which makes me think that if some serious changes won’t be done in the upcoming time, i am probably going to leave.

One more thing which bugs me, is how these threads with a lot of constructive feedback are “living their lives”. They appear ->Authors begin complaining, then some-one either from mods/staff/authors appears and says how the marketplaces puke with rainbows and how “perfect” they are -> A staff member appears and says that really soon there will be “nyan cats flying over the marketplaces” and that’s it. -> 70% of those complaining are going to say “hey, that’s great” “awesome news” “thanks collis! :) ” and the other 30 percent will understand that nothing changes and these threads will just die, with a hope from envato that everyone forgot about the complains…

Peace.

204 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
r0nka says

what about a new homepage layout? showing more items with a better filtering system.

1141 posts
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
KarmaThemes says

One more thing which bugs me, is how these threads with a lot of constructive feedback are “living their lives”. They appear ->Authors begin complaining, then some-one either from mods/staff/authors appears and says how the marketplaces puke with rainbows and how “perfect” they are -> A staff member appears and says that really soon there will be “nyan cats flying over the marketplaces” and that’s it. -> 70% of those complaining are going to say “hey, that’s great” “awesome news” “thanks collis! :) ” and the other 30 percent will understand that nothing changes and these threads will just die, with a hope from envato that everyone forgot about the complains…

Peace.

Good one StelianSubotin

No matter how far the discussion goes & how justified arguments may be, once one of the officials shows up, everybody’s a brave child again ;)

and nothing changes

254 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
+3 more
PabloFierro says

I can’t believe some of the themes that are in the front page got accepted by the reviewers, some of them are very ugly and not premium at all, they look like freebies.

Please reviewers, explain to us why the standards are going down like crazy, some of the themes are very ugly to be here, i believe they will affect the overall sales of the marketplace.

Please do something about it.

776 posts
  • Power Elite Author: Sold more than $1M on Envato Market
  • Has sold $1M+ on Envato Market and is now a Power Elite Author
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+5 more
Dream-Theme says

Sad that Envato’s officials are not commenting this situation.

And the only conclusion that author can make is “Stop creating and start cloning. It’s not about quality anymore – it’s about quantity and time”. this is very disappointing :(

277 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
Kopyov says

We have a complete ingnorance of community’s opinion here :( If you push down quality standards, let us create our own bundles from our own items, ability to discuss the price with you, other features. So now i can work on a new theme 2 weeks instead of 2 months, sell it AS IS and get the same price. High standards mean we pushed by you to do our best, to make a pixel-perfect theme, to test it billion times before put it online, to write a full documentation, create new features to our own frameworks etc. That’s sad, but with lower standards not all of us will keep our quality level > buyers will be unhappy > sales will drop > authors will leave. That’s not a model of success.

That’s just a personal opinion

2023 posts Review Manager
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
jremick Envato team says

Hi everyone,

Review Manager here to take a few moments and clarify a few things.

1) I’m forwarding along this thread to Collis and Vahid to see if they’re able to take a few moments to add a response.

2) We’ve all been incredibly busy, especially lately following the Envato team conference. That’s part of the reason there hasn’t been a staff response to this thread until now. We came back from the conference with A) a lot of work to catch up on and B ) a lot of new information and things we’d like to focus on. There’s a lot to do and we’ve been working hard at getting it done, doubly so following the conference.

3) purethemes mentioned the question of whether this place still loves “us” (the community of authors, buyers, etc) and the answer to that is a resounding Yes! There was a tremendous amount of discussion about our authors, buyers and other elements of our community during our conference.

We, at Envato, absolutely love the Envato community of authors, buyers, writers, editors, staff and every other aspect of the community.

4) You might be asking, if the above statement is true then why isn’t anything happening? The truth is that many things are happening, mostly behind the scenes. However, we’ve been working hard at adding more team capacity so we’re able to not only fix issues but build the features, tools and other great things you’ve all been asking for.

Building team capacity, however, is no easy feat and takes time to do it right. This isn’t something we started yesterday either but, again, it can be a time consuming process when done correctly. It’s especially difficult when some of us are already working enough that we don’t really have time to work on building capacity, but we must, which means other work needs to be put on hold in order for us to move forward.

5) Communication is key. We discussed issues regarding communication while at our conference and we’re looking at various ways to not only improve our internal communication but our communication with our community.

I can’t speak for the other departments but I can certainly say I am working towards adding significantly more transparencyto the review process and improved communication between the review team and authors, which requires many things and will take some time to reach but I deeply believe it’s a vital component to author satisfaction — among other things.

If you have any other questions, I’ll do my best to answer them. I may not, however, be able to give specific answers to some questions that require other staff but I’ll certainly forward them to the appropriate people for clarification.

Thanks everyone!

1141 posts
+2 more
KarmaThemes says

Hi jremick, thanks for your response.

It’s not about “love”. It’s about professional partnership.

Themeforest leaves authors and their problems alone for years now.

Someone posts a problem, a discussion arises, and much too late there’s an official response (still lacking of tangible results), and the waves seem to be calmed. But NOTHING happens.

Just let me remind you on the year-old “forum functionality improvement” discussion and how authors still struggle with supporting their items through item comments.

Prices remain unchanged, ignoring the exploding workload of setting up new themes, ignoring inflation and competition.

Quality suddenly drops – it’s been admitted by a reviewer that quality requirements were lowered – and new, unique items don’t get the exposure that they deserve anymore.

There are LOTS of problems at themeforest. Lots of words about love, teambuilding, workload and conferences won’t solve them.

Just my two cents.

1437 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
kailoon Envato team says

Quality suddenly drops – it’s been admitted by a reviewer that quality requirements were lowered – and new, unique items don’t get the exposure that they deserve.
Don’t be overly panic on this one, we relax a little ( really, just a little ) on the design requirements but we raise on other aspects. We are looking for a balance. But still, we are looking for quality items and if you find any crappy templates ( that you think ), feel free to let me know :)

We LOVE unique items, and I think they deserve better pricing and rewards, but we need a better price tag for them. Actually, this is in the .. ya, pipeline, we are revising the pricing for ThemeForest, so, there are a lot to consider…

The featured item is there to promote unique / awesome items. If you find any unique items that never been featured before, please, let me know! :)

2485 posts Premium Scripts, Plugins and Themes
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
+6 more
LucidStudios says
The featured item is there to promote unique / awesome items. If you find any unique items that never been featured before, please, let me know! :)

I think wowway theme deserves to be featured next week as that is a really unique theme, just my opinion :)

by
by
by
by
by
by