1012 posts It's in the pipeline!
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+7 more
purethemes says

Hi everyone,

3) purethemes mentioned the question of whether this place still loves “us” (the community of authors, buyers, etc) and the answer to that is a resounding Yes! There was a tremendous amount of discussion about our authors, buyers and other elements of our community during our conference.

We, at Envato, absolutely love the Envato community of authors, buyers, writers, editors, staff and every other aspect of the community.

no no no! it wasn’t me :D it was asked by squaredWeb :P I’ve just tried to calm down situation by saying that we love Envato even if we have some issues.

I think wowway theme deserves to be featured next week as that is a really unique theme, just my opinion :)

+1 to that, really WOW theme

<whisper>and I also know one unique cooking theme which waits to be featured :P</whisper>

1437 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
kailoon Envato team says

I think wowway theme deserves to be featured next week as that is a really unique theme, just my opinion :)
It is in the list already :)

@purethemes Oh, how can I miss that!!! Thanks for your <whisper> :)

3007 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+7 more
duotive says

The featured item is there to promote unique / awesome items. If you find any unique items that never been featured before, please, let me know! :)

Agreed and that is proper responsiveness. Reviewers do not check for that… half of the themes available break in some manner when resized – responsive ones.

1437 posts
+12 more
kailoon Envato team says

Agreed and that is proper responsiveness. Reviewers do not check for that… half of the themes available break in some manner when resized – responsive ones.

We do check the responsiveness design… If you find any broken responsive themes, feel free to let me know or report to support team. We are more than happy to take them down :)

254 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
+3 more
PabloFierro says
We do check the responsiveness design… If you find any broken responsive themes, feel free to let me know or report to support team. We are more than happy to take them down :)

The problem is not responsive themes, the problem is overall design quality, these have dropped significantly, I can pick 10 themes from the front page which shouldn’t be there because design quality is not good enough, not to say ugly.

The marketplace is getting flooded of with low quality items, thats the issue, not responsive themes.

P.S: In my opinion Envato could do many things to fix all the issues the marketplace has, they are just giving excuses on why they haven’t fixed it already, I am a web developer, had some experience with ruby and this language allows you to develop at amazing speed ( workflow) for example, i don’t know how much time the reply thing in comments and forums took to be fixed, but this could’ve been done in less than an hour.

Just my opinion.

1012 posts It's in the pipeline!
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+7 more
purethemes says

P.S: In my opinion Envato could do many things to fix all the issues the marketplace has, they are just giving excuses on why they haven’t fixed it already, I am a web developer, had some experience with ruby and this language allows you to develop at amazing speed ( workflow) for example, i don’t know how much time the reply thing in comments and forums took to be fixed, but this could’ve been done in less than an hour.

Just my opinion.

I’m pretty sure you’ve never even touched a code of something so big as Envato Network, so don’t judge them so quickly. Plus they said many times that they can’t do many things because they don’t have enough developers and looking constantly for new, so maybe try to apply ;)http://techjobs.envato.com/

2023 posts Review Manager
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+12 more
jremick Envato team says

The problem is not responsive themes, the problem is overall design quality, these have dropped significantly, I can pick 10 themes from the front page which shouldn’t be there because design quality is not good enough, not to say ugly.

The marketplace is getting flooded of with low quality items, thats the issue, not responsive themes.

Just my opinion.

Without understanding certain goals of the marketplaces it’s not really reasonable to judge from an external viewpoint which themes should or shouldn’t make it into the marketplace. I believe we’ll be able to add more clarity here in the near future.

Likewise, without having spent time directly with the development team and the system itself, it’s not really possible to make accurate assumptions on time requirements. You might actually be surprised at the speed in which they deploy fixes. ;)

753 posts
  • Power Elite Author: Sold more than $1M on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $1M+ on Envato Market and is now a Power Elite Author
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+5 more
Dream-Theme says

Without understanding certain goals of the marketplaces it’s not really reasonable to judge from an external viewpoint which themes should or shouldn’t make it into the marketplace. I believe we’ll be able to add more clarity here in the near future.

I’m sure that there’s some high purpose behind this. E.g. to give a chance and attract new developers…

But as many other authors who makes for living on ThemeForest I’d like to know what the hell is happening?

Should we stick to “more items of lesser quality” strategy? What’s the reason for us to make high quality items?

4 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in France
gambpark says

As a buyer here, we really would like to see a price raise! Not that much either (ahah!) but authors deserve more on this marketplace. It can’t exist without them!

About the flood of items on the homepage… we don’t even know what to buy! And because of that, some great item don’t even get the exposure they should have… geting lost in that template sea!

The featured item is there to promote unique / awesome items. If you find any unique items that never been featured before, please, let me know! :)

Well in our opinion twi’s template “Humble” may be featured on that weekly thing, we use it and it’s just work great! The kid developed his own slider for his template, and he got 1k sales without being featured once! And there’s is a lot of author in that case, it’s a shame for them.

1437 posts
+12 more
kailoon Envato team says

Well in our opinion twi’s template “Humble” may be featured on that weekly thing, we use it and it’s just work great! The kid developed his own slider for his template, and he got 1k sales without being featured once! And there’s is a lot of author in that case, it’s a shame for them.
Humble is a great theme ( you can’t imagine how happy I was when I first saw that theme in the queue ), thanks for mentioning, I’d put that in the list. We can only featured 1 item per weak and there are new items added everyday. So, there are quite a few items that deserved featuring, so, we will feature each of them one by one. If you found a good one, as a buyer and user, feel free to send me the link :)

Hmm, this make me think, should we have a featured item selected/voted by buyers? :) That will be great!

by
by
by
by
by
by