• Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
+2 more
purethemes says

Hmm, this make me think, should we have a featured item selected/voted by buyers? :) That will be great!

+1 to that, but I’m afraid that it would be the same list as top selling themes

1426 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Senior Reviewer
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
+10 more
kailoon Reviewer says

+1 to that, but I’m afraid that it would be the same list as top selling themes
Not really, featured item is based on the design & coding quality, unique features, niche. Not really based on sales. Sometimes, authors spend times on a unique theme, it doesn’t perform well because it is niche. So, it can get more exposure from there :)
4 posts
  • France
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
gambpark says

Humble is a great theme ( you can’t imagine how happy I was when I first saw that theme in the queue ), thanks for mentioning, I’d put that in the list. We can only featured 1 item per weak and there are new items added everyday. So, there are quite a few items that deserved featuring, so, we will feature each of them one by one. If you found a good one, as a buyer and user, feel free to send me the link :)

Thanks, we hope it will help twi! We’ll send you more links once we buy and find others awesomeness on TF.

Hmm, this make me think, should we have a featured item selected/voted by buyers? :) That will be great!

That would be a great feature! As you said we would have a list base on buyers tastes and experiences using the template they choose! +1 to that!

648 posts
  • Power Elite Author
  • Power Elite Author: Sold between 1 000 000 - 1 999 999 dollars
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
Dream-Theme says

2 reviewing team and all Envato staff: guys, I really respect and appreciate your work…

But I cannot help myself from posting this (hope this will defuse the tense atmosphere around new items flood, quality standards and other stuff) :)

The bigest improvement Envato made to reviewing system (took 2 years to implement):

Edit: I’m sorry if someone is offended – just kidding :)

405 posts
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
RelStudios says

It’s right to say “perhaps little too much” . I think seriously the marketplace standard is getting lower and lower “Shocked” :confused:

367 posts plop
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Beta Tester
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
+3 more
kimonoThemes says

Well in our opinion twi’s template “Humble” may be featured on that weekly thing, we use it and it’s just work great! The kid developed his own slider for his template, and he got 1k sales without being featured once! And there’s is a lot of author in that case, it’s a shame for them.
Humble is a great theme ( you can’t imagine how happy I was when I first saw that theme in the queue ), thanks for mentioning, I’d put that in the list. We can only featured 1 item per weak and there are new items added everyday. So, there are quite a few items that deserved featuring, so, we will feature each of them one by one. If you found a good one, as a buyer and user, feel free to send me the link :) Hmm, this make me think, should we have a featured item selected/voted by buyers? :) That will be great!

WOW ! Thank you so much gambpark and Kailoon for the kind words!! Will I really get featured? :chuckle:

983 posts It's in the pipeline!
  • Elite Author
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
+2 more
purethemes says

WOW ! Thank you so much gambpark and Kailoon for the kind words!! Will I really get featured? :chuckle:
yes, right after me :P btw, you should consider releasing that slider from Humble as a script or WP plugin for CodeCanyon, it’s really cool stuff! it would sell like hot cakes!
197 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Bought between 500 and 999 items
  • Canada
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
DanyDuchaine says

They want you to upload as much as possible. They want you to fight to have a place on the homepage. They won’t change anything.

Kailoon said it, they lowered the standards. They have more and more authors/items, and they lower the standard? Look no further my friend :)

Open photoshop, design something, code it, upload it and hope for the best, that’s the only thing you can do.

And upload as much as you can.

3007 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Elite Author
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
+2 more
duotive says

They want you to upload as much as possible. They want you to fight to have a place on the homepage. They won’t change anything.

Kailoon said it, they lowered the standards. They have more and more authors/items, and they lower the standard? Look no further my friend :)

Open photoshop, design something, code it, upload it and hope for the best, that’s the only thing you can do.

And upload as much as you can.

And now i am wondering why we are working months for perfection. I am curious what will happen when we upload our new theme. If something bad happens we will start flooding with themes. :D

197 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Bought between 500 and 999 items
  • Canada
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
DanyDuchaine says

And I don’t say that to be negative or anything. Envato is a company and every company’s goal is to make money, and they make a lot of money.

When they say “We love our authors etc etc” .. guys don’t be naive .. they can’t “Love” you .. they love the fact that you work your ass to upload themes and make their marketplace a good business for them.

And they probably work as crazy as we all do to make that all possible so there is no point critizing the system here.

Envato will do what they always did and they will do well.

As for top designers/coders .. I think there will be less and less here but that won’t affect Envato’s wallet at all.

by
by
by
by
by
by