3330 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
+1 more
organicbee says

its gone on posts wtf? like seriously whats with all this minor changes?

2580 posts Put a Donk On It
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+10 more
ThemeProvince says

The permalink button is now attached to the text that shows you the time that you posted.

In regards to minor changes, it seems that Envato has lost touch with Authors and vice versa. Updates requested by a lot of authors are rarely taken into account.

3468 posts
  • Has sold $750,000+ on Envato Market
  • Helps us moderate the forums
+10 more
sevenspark Moderator says

Yup, it’s the time now. I think when they added the new buttons like “Flag for Staff Reply” they decide to consolidate since there just wasn’t enough real estate to have everything. Makes sense, and it’s consistent with other UIs.

While it would have been nice to have this pointed out, I don’t know if we can expect an announcement for every little thing… Twitter keeps tweaking its interface (with more frustrating UI changes in my opinion) and I haven’t been getting any explanations from them. I dunno.

3330 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
+1 more
organicbee says

Yup, it’s the time now. I think when they added the new buttons like “Flag for Staff Reply” they decide to consolidate since there just wasn’t enough real estate to have everything. Makes sense, and it’s consistent with other UIs. While it would have been nice to have this pointed out, I don’t know if we can expect an announcement for every little thing… Twitter keeps tweaking its interface (with more frustrating UI changes in my opinion) and I haven’t been getting any explanations from them. I dunno.

no its a more recent change I used it few days ago, as for the UI changes they don’t really make sense twitter makes pretty LARGE changes as once, its not something like a font change or a small tweak in padding every other week, they do multiple changes which makes more sense… to me it seems like someones is just going “oooooh this would be cool” and then just goes and makes the change rather than having a methodical approach to it

3468 posts
  • Has sold $750,000+ on Envato Market
  • Helps us moderate the forums
+10 more
sevenspark Moderator says

I hear what you’re saying. But for example on Twitter, they revamped the whole UI last month, right? Then, just when I was getting used to clicking the most upper-right button on a tweet to expand it, they moved the time up there instead, and shifted the Expand button left. Major frustration, as I now constantly click the Time instead of Expand if I’m not paying close attention.

Point is, these systems get tweaked constantly. I agree that minimizing UI changes is important, but in this case I think it was necessary. Not saying they should be changing things constantly, as that can get very frustrating for users, but personally it doesn’t bother me that much. We adapt quickly :)

by
by
by
by
by
by