145 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
JJenZz says

I seem to be missing these ‘rude’ comments somehow… I haven’t come across them yet, thankfully.

Just wanted to express my feelings towards the “nice template, best wishes for sales” comments… I actually don’t have a problem with these. It’s rewarding to see people appreciate your work and I think as a buyer seeking a new look for their website, it’d be useful to know what templates are aesthetically pleasing to others and considered well coded. It’s others that will be viewing their website at the end of the day so it is important to know what they think.

I think that by replying to these comments with constant “Thank you’s” is probably something authors should try to avoid. We should probably just say it once and then leave it. They start to drown out useful comments.

As for receiving emails when comments are posted on your templates… yes please! I’m still supporting this idea =)

23 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
cssdesigns says

I agree with JJenZz, we should know by now that “If you don’t have anything nice to say than don’t say anything at all” :)

2529 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Blog Editor
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
+6 more
JeffreyWay says

Yes it is. Don’t worry. I have a text file where I keep notes of things to discuss with my boss. :)

323 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • United States
  • Won a Competition
shadow66142000 says

I think that this has become more common once people started asking for critique in the forums. The important thing to remember is discussions happen in the forums and not on someone’s item page.

2529 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Blog Editor
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
+6 more
JeffreyWay says

Agreed.

397 posts I <3 WordPress
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Won a Competition
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • United States
+5 more
BoxyStudio says

I know that I can subscribe to every item’s atom feed, but that’s just silly. In this day and age of facebooks and twitters, I think these types of notifications should become standard. :)

Again, though, I don’t feel that the item pages are being utilized fully with just a simple comments system. There needs to be a mix of communication and usefulness to the other people that visit the page.

Instead of scrolling through pages of comments, there should be “featured questions/answers” at the top, and we should be able to simply remove comments from our item pages if we feel necessary.

It doesn’t help that the comment bubbles are HUGE , even when it’s just a 1/8th of a sentence like “Nice work!” Just a minor design flaw, I think. The comments could be more compact :)

As much as I like seeing my badges, I think a simple “scroll over the avatar pop-up DIV ” would do the trick for those.

But now I’m going way off topic.

Anyway, let’s get notifications! :)

2019 posts Review Manager
  • Envato Staff
  • Australia
  • Beta Tester
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Repeatedly helped protect Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
+7 more
jremick Staff says
I know that I can subscribe to every item’s atom feed, but that’s just silly. In this day and age of facebooks and twitters, I think these types of notifications should become standard. :)

http://themeforest.net/feeds/user_item_comments/USERNAME.atom

You mean this (replace with your username)? As in, all your items on a single feed, not a separate feed. Maybe I misunderstood your post?

130 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Canada
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
lukk says

There is one person on here who we all know very well who keeps saying stupid things like “Hmm..i dont know about this one, i dont like that.” okay, dont buy it, move along.

118 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Elite Author
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
+1 more
elisent says

I have no clue who you guys are talking about, how about a username ? Don’t be shy, he/she is not :)

Cheers.

397 posts I <3 WordPress
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Won a Competition
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • United States
+5 more
BoxyStudio says
You mean this (replace with your username)? As in, all your items on a single feed, not a separate feed. Maybe I misunderstood your post?

Yeah, that’s better than what I thought, actually, but it’s still silly. :)

by
by
by
by
by
by