5 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
lnicole says

I’ve spent untold hours trying to figure out what format to put my blog into. (Looking for a design change.) It seems like the vast majority of my “competition” in my field of graphic resources for photographers have blogs where the full post is right on the home page. In fact, a lot of them are full page blogs and full post. (As an aside, I think full page/full post blogs can be visually dynamic, but I hate them for text and tutorials—too wide for effective content organization in my opinion)

I’m waffling right now between going this same route—changing my blog to be full post on the home page or going with a more business/creative landing page. There are so many gorgeous themes here.

I thought I’d ask you professional developers. Is there a reason why having full posts might convert/attract more for a visual audience? I would think having the impact of a business type landing page would be more organized for directing people to important information. For instance, I have a store as well as a blog, I have tutorials, I’m thinking of starting a forum, I have freebies, showcases – thinking of starting a membership area…...

Oh, one more question. Is it normally easy to change any WP blog to post the full post on the home page?

Thank you for your thoughts.

by
by
by
by
by
by