599 posts
  • Australia
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
TortoiseTree says

Hi, I buy quite a lot of PhotoDune and I really love the photos made available in this marketplace. Often times I buy small images so I can experiment and test out how my images go and most of the time small and medium sized images serve me fine for website use. Sometimes though, I like a certain part of an image and I want to use that part so I focus into it and then as you all will imagine the pixels come out.

Of course the answer is to just buy the larger version but often times I don’t know I need it until I’ve experimented enough with it to see what parts I liked and then it’s too late and I’ve bought the small one.

My point is, rather than forcing clients that have made the mistake of buying too small an image to buy another one from scratch there should be a way to “upgrade” to a larger image and pay the difference as the records show you bought the smaller one anyway. I think it would be more customer friendly and would lead to more income for photographers here as customers would be more willing to upgrade than to buy the image again from scratch. What do you guys think?

117 posts
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Australia
MicrostockMan says

Yep, I agree this is a good idea. I know at least one other agency (veer) does this, and I get a few of them. Shows buyers do use the feature.

5220 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Has attended an Envato Live event
  • Support Staff
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Canada
  • Community Ambassador
+9 more
KingDog Staff says

Interesting idea. I’ll have to mention it :)

1 post
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
HellHavoc says

Please make this happen. I recently bought an image and it turned out later that I need a bigger image. The upgrade would be wonderful.

1 post
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Germany
crenok says

Hi KingDog, are there any news on this one? I would love to see this feature too.

5220 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Has attended an Envato Live event
  • Support Staff
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Canada
  • Community Ambassador
+9 more
KingDog Staff says

The suggestion was passed on :) No timeline or commitment if it’s something we’re going to be adding soon, but I can check with our new UX team.

by
by
by
by
by
by